keysigning exchange at ESR visit, USC

  • Erik Hovland
    Message 1 of 1 , Dec 3, 1999
      Since many of us are going to be in one place tonight I am providing
      a key signing exchange at the ESR event. I have received keys from
      some people already. But if you want your key signed or want access
      to other peoples keys here in the area, now is your chance. You have
      to send me your key if you have never participated in a key exchange
      with me before. And you must send me your key by 4:30pm.

      Reasons to participate may be:
      o Desire to become a debian maintainer.
      o Desire to help those wishing to become a debian maintainers.
      o Ability to expand web of trust so wider adoption of secure
      reliable forms of communication amongst the LA computing
      community and beyond.
      o Very paranoid and want to visual verify other paranoid
      individuals so that you can increase your personal files
      on said individuals.
      o Cool geeky thing to do with other cool geeks.

      If you have participated in a key exchange with me before then I have
      your key already and you only need to tell me your intent to
      participate in this key signing. If you are unsure feel free to send
      your key again.

      What you will have to send to me by 4:30pm to participate:
      o Your pgp or gnupg key. Please refrain from using patented encryption
      algorithms for your key(hint, RSA not supported by gnupg). Please
      use 1024 bits or more for your key size.

      What you need to bring to the ESR event to participate:
      o A valid photo ID (passport, drivers license, birth certificate - student ID
      combo). The malibu grand prix dl will not be accepted but will be
      appreciated ;).
      o A print out or hand transcribed copy of your fingerprint.

      The key exchange is not part of the formal agenda and as such will be
      done at the most appropriate time (probably before or shortly after).

      Key ring will be made available after the event at the USC LUG website
      and signed keys will (and should be updated) to publicly available
      keyservers.

      If you have no idea what I am talking about then ask at the security panel
      what pgp or gnupg are and why I keep harassing you all.

      Thanks,

      Erik Hovland
      USC Linux User Group President
      http://sclug.usc.edu/~ehovland/