Capsule descriptions of LUGs needed for ESR event

    Message 1 of 2 , Nov 30, 1999
      Hi,
      at the ESR event Friday and Saturday, we plan to introduce
      the area LUGs to the audience. As we introduce each LUG,
      we'll probably ask the members of each LUG to stand.
      If each LUG could provide the following info, it would help us prepare
      the introductions:

      * Name of LUG
      * One or two leading members (e.g. president)
      * Number of active members
      * Date of first meeting
      * One distinctive thing about the culture of the LUG
      * Any other short thing worth mentioning

      Please mail your response to your own LUG mailing list, and
      cc it to the ESR-LA and/or LALUGS lists.

      Thanks,
      Dan

      --
      (The above is just my personal opinion; I don't speak for my employer,
      except on the occasional talk show.)
      Message 2 of 2 , Nov 30, 1999
        On Tue, 30 Nov 1999, Dan Kegel wrote:

        > * Name of LUG
        SCLUG - Simi Conejo Linux Users Group

        > * One or two leading members (e.g. president)
        Gareth Greenaway & Dan Zahn

        > * Number of active members
        40

        > * Date of first meeting
        July 4, 1998

        > * One distinctive thing about the culture of the LUG
        SCLUG is a very relaxed group, we dont have bylaws, dues, or anything like
        that because we dont need them. We rely on members of the group and those
        of us that run the group to provide what we need.

        > * Any other short thing worth mentioning
        SCLUG will hold another LUG Fest on March 18, 2000