Re: Report on West Cove Saturday June 27th

  • jerry.hall
    Message 1 of 7 , Jun 27, 2009
      Limited out on reds, 3 flounders, tons of hardheads, 1 drum, a bull croaker, and a sunburn. All in all - a great day!!!!

      --- In lafayettekayakfishing@yahoogroups.com, "rsab72" <rsab72@...> wrote:

      > I went right out of the canal after launch. Robert went left & I didnt see him agian. Fished all the way up to where there is a cut with a small peir at the entrace. Found a hole full of big reds. Caught limit on reds in no time. 17", 20", 22", 24", 25". All but the 17" was in that hole. The 17" was caught trolling on the way to the cut. Caught countless small red, trout, cats, & croakers. Slight wind. Hot and choppy by 11am which is when I started to return. Jerry was doing good when I left. Assuming he limited just after I left. My boat fell of my Xterra while loading and dented my hood but the boat was fine. I didnt care about the dent cause the fishing was so fun.
      > Good Day.

    • Ed
      Message 2 of 7 , Jun 27, 2009
        Sorry, never had that kind of a day.  What's the limit on reds?

        Limited out on reds, 3 flounders, tons of hardheads, 1 drum, a bull croaker, and a sunburn. All in all - a great day!!!!

        --- In lafayettekayakfishi ng@yahoogroups. com, "rsab72" <rsab72@...> wrote:

        > I went right out of the canal after launch. Robert went left & I didnt see him agian. Fished all the way up to where there is a cut with a small peir at the entrace. Found a hole full of big reds. Caught limit on reds in no time. 17", 20", 22", 24", 25". All but the 17" was in that hole. The 17" was caught trolling on the way to the cut. Caught countless small red, trout, cats, & croakers. Slight wind. Hot and choppy by 11am which is when I started to return. Jerry was doing good when I left. Assuming he limited just after I left. My boat fell of my Xterra while loading and dented my hood but the boat was fine. I didnt care about the dent cause the fishing was so fun.
        > Good Day.

      • saltydog0923501
        Message 3 of 7 , Jun 27, 2009
          Good day,,caught on live bait or plastic?

          --- In lafayettekayakfishing@yahoogroups.com, "rsab72" <rsab72@...> wrote:

          > I went right out of the canal after launch. Robert went left & I didnt see him agian. Fished all the way up to where there is a cut with a small peir at the entrace. Found a hole full of big reds. Caught limit on reds in no time. 17", 20", 22", 24", 25". All but the 17" was in that hole. The 17" was caught trolling on the way to the cut. Caught countless small red, trout, cats, & croakers. Slight wind. Hot and choppy by 11am which is when I started to return. Jerry was doing good when I left. Assuming he limited just after I left. My boat fell of my Xterra while loading and dented my hood but the boat was fine. I didnt care about the dent cause the fishing was so fun.
          > Good Day.

        • fch_b
          Message 4 of 7 , Jun 27, 2009
            Went about 100 yards down the bank from where Ronny caught his fish and limited out on reds (one 22", one 24") - all caught on shrimp under cork.

            --- In lafayettekayakfishing@yahoogroups.com, "jerry.hall" <jerhall@...> wrote:

            > Limited out on reds, 3 flounders, tons of hardheads, 1 drum, a bull croaker, and a sunburn. All in all - a great day!!!!
            >

            > --- In lafayettekayakfishing@yahoogroups.com, "rsab72" <rsab72@> wrote:
            > >
            > > I went right out of the canal after launch. Robert went left & I didnt see him agian. Fished all the way up to where there is a cut with a small peir at the entrace. Found a hole full of big reds. Caught limit on reds in no time. 17", 20", 22", 24", 25". All but the 17" was in that hole. The 17" was caught trolling on the way to the cut. Caught countless small red, trout, cats, & croakers. Slight wind. Hot and choppy by 11am which is when I started to return. Jerry was doing good when I left. Assuming he limited just after I left. My boat fell of my Xterra while loading and dented my hood but the boat was fine. I didnt care about the dent cause the fishing was so fun.
            > > Good Day.

          • robert mitchell
            Message 5 of 7 , Jun 28, 2009
              I ended up going to the left out of the canal looking for a S.T.A.R. trout. Caught a 2-1/2 pound-20 inch trout
              and a 16 inch..several small throw backs. Fished almost to rabbit island..long haul back and ran into John Holder
              who had just caught 4 nice reds where Ronnie and Jerry had caught theirs near the pier. Caught a 17" and a 22" red.
              I also had fun catch many large catfish that put up a good fight...Came in at 3:00.

              All fish caught on new penny gulp under a cork.....a long hot day but plenty of fun.
              BTW a limit of reds is 5 fish.

              Robert

              Went about 100 yards down the bank from where Ronny caught his fish and limited out on reds (one 22", one 24") - all caught on shrimp under cork.

              --- In lafayettekayakfishi ng@yahoogroups. com, "jerry.hall" <jerhall@... > wrote:

              > Limited out on reds, 3 flounders, tons of hardheads, 1 drum, a bull croaker, and a sunburn. All in all - a great day!!!!
              >

              > --- In lafayettekayakfishi ng@yahoogroups. com, "rsab72" <rsab72@> wrote:
              > >
              > > I went right out of the canal after launch. Robert went left & I didnt see him agian. Fished all the way up to where there is a cut with a small peir at the entrace. Found a hole full of big reds. Caught limit on reds in no time. 17", 20", 22", 24", 25". All but the 17" was in that hole. The 17" was caught trolling on the way to the cut. Caught countless small red, trout, cats, & croakers. Slight wind. Hot and choppy by 11am which is when I started to return. Jerry was doing good when I left. Assuming he limited just after I left. My boat fell of my Xterra while loading and dented my hood but the boat was fine. I didnt care about the dent cause the fishing was so fun.
              > > Good Day.

            • John Holder