Report on West Cove 5/30/09

  • Mitchell Labbie
    Message 1 of 6 , Jun 1, 2009

      It was a nice day for fishing. There was a light wind and was able to paddle out into the cove. I ended up with 7 trout, the biggest being 21 inches (3.1 lbs) and 1 red fish that was 26.5 inches.

      http://picasaweb.google.com/mklabbie82/WestCove53009?authkey=Gv1sRgCIDG7YS4tdbmCA&feat=directlink

      Mitch

    • labase@aol.com
      Message 2 of 6 , Jun 1, 2009
        It must have been Take Your Brother Fishing day on Saturday because three of us brought our brothers (Me, Wayne and Eric).  I think everyone caught something and the weather was perfect.  Congrats to Ronny for catching a nice Slam (Speck, Redfish and Flounder), and to Greg and Mitch for weighing in a couple of nice specks for the STAR Tournament.

        Luke

        It was a nice day for fishing. There was a light wind and was able to paddle out into the cove. I ended up with 7 trout, the biggest being 21 inches (3.1 lbs) and 1 red fish that was 26.5 inches.

        Mitch
      • JROB
        Message 3 of 6 , Jun 1, 2009
          I ends up with 2 nice trout.  16 and 18 inches.  The water looked great over the reefs.  How big was Gregs trout that he weighed in?

          Sent from my iPhone

          On Jun 1, 2009, at 8:50 AM, labase@... wrote:

          It must have been Take Your Brother Fishing day on Saturday because three of us brought our brothers (Me, Wayne and Eric).  I think everyone caught something and the weather was perfect.  Congrats to Ronny for catching a nice Slam (Speck, Redfish and Flounder), and to Greg and Mitch for weighing in a couple of nice specks for the STAR Tournament.

          Luke

          It was a nice day for fishing. There was a light wind and was able to paddle out into the cove. I ended up with 7 trout, the biggest being 21 inches (3.1 lbs) and 1 red fish that was 26.5 inches.

          http://picasaweb.google.com/ mklabbie82/ WestCove53009? authkey=Gv1sRgCI DG7YS4tdbmCA&feat=directlink

          Mitch

        • floundrpoundr
          Message 4 of 6 , Jun 1, 2009

            Threw the Super Spook all morning.  They were mad at it .  I ended up with 2 keeper trout (2.75 and 1.85#) and a flounder.  Had several throwbacks.  Had two good trout on, 1 very good, but both of em spit it.  Also lost a doormat by the landing trying to get him with the fish grips.  Caught several flounder near the landing.    Figured I paddled, or peddled, a little over a 1/2 marathon chasing birds.

            Greg

            --- In lafayettekayakfishing@yahoogroups.com, JROB <raginrobinson2@...> wrote:

            > I ends up with 2 nice trout. 16 and 18 inches. The water looked
            > great over the reefs. How big was Gregs trout that he weighed in?
            >
            > Sent from my iPhone
            >
            > On Jun 1, 2009, at 8:50 AM, labase@... wrote:
            >

            > > It must have been Take Your Brother Fishing day on Saturday because
            > > three of us brought our brothers (Me, Wayne and Eric). I think
            > > everyone caught something and the weather was perfect. Congrats to
            > > Ronny for catching a nice Slam (Speck, Redfish and Flounder), and to
            > > Greg and Mitch for weighing in a couple of nice specks for the STAR
            > > Tournament.
            > >
            > > Luke

          • JROB
            Message 5 of 6 , Jun 1, 2009
              It seemed like you were pretty far out.  Let me know when anybody heads back out there.  I'm looking forward to the next trip.

              Sent from my iPhone

              On Jun 1, 2009, at 12:38 PM, "floundrpoundr" <gregsonnier@...> wrote:

              Threw the Super Spook all morning.  They were mad at it .  I ended up with 2 keeper trout (2.75 and 1.85#) and a flounder.  Had several throwbacks.  Had two good trout on, 1 very good, but both of em spit it.  Also lost a doormat by the landing trying to get him with the fish grips.  Caught several flounder near the landing.    Figured I paddled, or peddled, a little over a 1/2 marathon chasing birds.

              Greg

              --- In lafayettekayakfishi ng@yahoogroups. com, JROB <raginrobinson2@ ...> wrote:

              > I ends up with 2 nice trout. 16 and 18 inches. The water looked
              > great over the reefs. How big was Gregs trout that he weighed in?
              >
              > Sent from my iPhone
              >
              > On Jun 1, 2009, at 8:50 AM, labase@... wrote:
              >

              > > It must have been Take Your Brother Fishing day on Saturday because
              > > three of us brought our brothers (Me, Wayne and Eric). I think
              > > everyone caught something and the weather was perfect. Congrats to
              > > Ronny for catching a nice Slam (Speck, Redfish and Flounder), and to
              > > Greg and Mitch for weighing in a couple of nice specks for the STAR
              > > Tournament.
              > >
              > > Luke

            • Greg Engelsman
              Message 6 of 6 , Jun 5, 2009
                Koda is on the board:

                http://www.ccalouisiana.com/cca/content/view/182/50/

                The guy in the SE is Cajun Caster in the Bayou coast club.

                At the CCA banquet yesterday, I heard a minor caught a tagged redfish in LNG. He wasn't registered, even though kids are free. Lost out on a $35K truck.

                Greg