lafayettekayakfishing] Big Lake Sat Aug 2. Any takers?

  • kikidrouant@aim.com
    Message 1 of 5 , Aug 1, 2008
      I was back at Big Lake this past Sunday.  After running the lake looking for birds, we headed to the Cameron jetties hoping to find a few specks there.  Still nothing happenning, we headed for our money spot, almost an automatic for some redfish.  It was slower than usual, but we managed to pick up a few good fish.  This area is in the Marsh, south of Hebert's landing.  It does not sound as though you'll be using motorized boats to ferry the kayaks, but if you're interested, give me a call   ~~~~~     Keith

      Message 2 of 5 , Aug 1, 2008
        Keith,
        I just talked to Max and we will be fishing Big Lake in the morning. Our plans are to meet at Cormiers Grocery the intersection of Country Club Road and Big Lake Road between 6:30 -6:45 and then head to my friends property located off of Lake Breeze Road about 2 miles past the LNG terminal.
        Are you planning on fishing Calsasieu in the morning?

        jd
[...]

        ------------
        From John-

        "...we will be parking on an empty residential lot just south of Lake
        Charles off of Big Lake Road. It's also a good opportunity to fish
        another area on the way out if anyone wants to ck it out. They can
        also put in at the Prien lake beach at the I 10 south loop. We can
        have everyone meet either in Lafayette and follow or meet at Cormiers
        Grocery. Cormiers is the last store you pass by before getting on Big
        Lake Road. They cater to fisherman with ready made bisquits,
        sandwiches and supplies."

      • lafayettekayakfishing
        Message 3 of 5 , Aug 1, 2008
          Disregard my voice mail John. I didn't see your post until after I
          left it. Good luck to you guys.

          Greg

          --- In lafayettekayakfishing@yahoogroups.com, "Deshotel"
          <tandjdeshotel@...> wrote:

          > Keith,
          >
          > I just talked to Max and we will be fishing Big Lake in the
          morning. Our plans are to meet at Cormiers Grocery the intersection
          of Country Club Road and Big Lake Road between 6:30 -6:45 and then
          head to my friends property located off of Lake Breeze Road about 2
          miles past the LNG terminal.
          > Are you planning on fishing Calsasieu in the morning?
          >
          > jd
          Sat Aug 2. Any takers?

          > I was back at Big Lake this past Sunday. After running the lake
          looking for birds, we headed to the Cameron jetties hoping to find a
          few specks there. Still nothing happenning, we headed for our money
          spot, almost an automatic for some redfish. It was slower than
          usual, but we managed to pick up a few good fish. This area is in
          the Marsh, south of Hebert's landing. It does not sound as though
          you'll be using motorized boats to ferry the kayaks, but if you're
          interested, give me a call ~~~~~ Keith

          Toolbar Now!

          Message 4 of 5 , Aug 1, 2008
            JD
            I'm not going to be able to make it.  Now I know exactly where you will be putting in.  This is my every other Friday that I'd be fishing Big Lake with my son, but didn't go today.  I've got a lot going on this weekend, so I'll have to pass on this trip.  Thanks for setting it up and the invite.  Have a great time ~~~ Keith

            Message 5 of 5 , Aug 2, 2008
              Keith,

              Would you want to hook up for a Friday trip to Big Lake in 2 weeks?

              Greg

              --- In lafayettekayakfishing@yahoogroups.com, kikidrouant@... wrote:

              > JD
              > I'm not going to be able to make it.? Now I know exactly where you
              will be putting in.? This is my?every other?Friday that I'd be
              fishing Big Lake with my son, but didn't go today.? I've got a lot
              going on this weekend, so I'll have to pass on this trip.? Thanks for
              setting it up and the invite.? Have a great time ~~~ Keith

              Lake Sat Aug 2. Any takers?