Calcasieu Point Jan 30

  • floundrpoundr
    Message 1 of 1 , Jan 31, 2009
      Jason and I launched at Calcasieu Point at sunrise. Pretty cold, light
      north wind in our face. We tried fishing the industrial canal for a
      couple hours as the tide fell with nothing to show. Pretty water.
      Headed south and fished the bank towards the locks. Dirty water.
      Nothing. Headed further south and fished the marsh near Turners. First
      spot, fished an hour or so and waited for the tide to start rolling in
      about noon. Couple bites, but still Nada. I had one more spot in mind
      before packing it up and heading back into the wind which was now
      blowing waves into my cockpit. Jasons first cast found him fighting a
      red then I followed up w/ a flounder. Proceeded to catch 5 keeper reds
      and lost a few. Finished w/ 6 reds and 1 flounder.

      Pics posted here
      http://picasaweb.google.com/gregsonnier/CalcasieuPtJan302009#

      floundrpoundr