LKFC September 2011 Newsletter

  • lafayettekayakfishing@yahoo.com
    Message 1 of 1 , Sep 2, 2011
      LKFC September 2011 Newsletter
      This email contains graphics, so if you don't see them, view it in your browser.

      LKFC Sept 2011
      Newsletter

      duo2_sm
       lafayette-kayak-fishing-club-logo

      NEW CLUB EVENTS!

      Be sure to check out our updated calendar of events.   We have a full line up of meetings with special guests, club trips to new destinations and tournaments

       READ MORE

      DEAR Yahoo Groups Message Board,

      Our 3rd Annual Cajun Castaway tournament is coming up in less than 30 days.  Pack and Paddle has donated a Native Manta Ray Kayak to give away plus we have cash prizes.  Get signed up now!  Don't miss our Sept meeting and outing.  Be sure to pick up a copy of the LA Sportsman Sept issue for the Choupique Bayou Launch article on the club.

      3rd Annual Cajun CastAway

      Sat Oct 01, 11

       Grand Prize - Native Manta Ray Kayak Sponsored by Pack and Paddle

      Event is open to the public.  October is a great time of year to fish Big Lake.  Hefty stringers of flounder, trout and reds usually caught this time of year.

      EVENT RULES

      This event follows the club's general rules (read here) plus the following rules:

      1. ENTRY: $25 + $5 Optional Leopard Redfish Calcutta (+ $1.25 via PayPal)
      2. REGISTER: Open to public until Fri Sept 30 | 11:59 PM.
      3. LEGAL LAUNCH TIME: 5:30 a.m. (you may sit in kayak/in water, depart at 6 a.m.)
      4. LAUNCH BOUNDARIES: Cameron & Calcasieu Parishes
      5. ACCEPTED TACKLE: Artificial Lures Only
      6. FISHING TIME: 6 a.m. - 3 p.m.
      7. SIGN-IN: Anglers must sign-in between 2-3 p.m.  Arriving after 3 = DQ.
      8. WEIGH-IN: LaFleur Park Kayak Launch. Begins at 3 PM.  Signed-in anglers will be called to the scale.  No culling at the weigh table.  Have your fish ready to weigh for your predetermined category(ies) when called upon.
      9. PAYOUTS: The SLAM winner receives the Grand Prize Native Manta Ray donated by Pack & Paddle (to be picked up at PNP).  Cash payouts to 2nd place and lower depending on participation.
      10. POINTS: Series Points System applies to SLAM only.

      SLAM

      SLAM is a 2 or 3-Fish combination of 1 Redfish, 1 Speckled Trout and 1 Flounder.  Anglers who weigh a 3-Fish SLAM, a.k.a. Grand SLAM, are rewarded with 2 bonus pounds added to their overall weight.  The angler with the heaviest combined weight wins (regardless if 2 or 3 fish are weighed).  Only 1 per species is allowed.  The redfish may not exceed 27”.  12” minimum for Speckled Trout, 10" for Flounder.

           Examples of legal SLAM’s-
           GRAND SLAM: 3lb trout+2lb flounder+4lb redfish (+2lb bonus weight) = 11lb
           2-FISH SLAM: 2lb trout+5lb redfish= 7lb

      Calcutta Pot- $5 Optional | Winner Takes Pot.  SLAM redfish may NOT be used for the calcutta.  Leopard Redfish– Most total spots (16”-27")

      REGISTER HERE

      Suggested Lodging

      (East)

      2940 Lake Street, Lake Charles, LA 70601

      A+ Motel & RV Park (West) - Website
      4631 Hwy 27 S

      337-583-2631
      Sulphur, LA  70665

      Island RV
      Hackberry, LA

      (337) 762-3185

      Club Meeting

      Tue Sep 20, 11
      Board election voting is coming up at our November meeting.  We are accepting nominations now through the Oct meeting.  If you would like to submit a nomination you may email it or submit at the meeting.

      Aug Meeting Agenda:

      • Please note that we are accepting nominations for November elections at the Sept and Oct meetings.  If you would like to submit a nomination you may email it or submit at the meeting.
      • Club Outing- Holly Beach
      • Website Updates How-To
      • CPR Online Tourney update
      • Cajun Castaway Oct 1
      • Tackle Tips Session
      • Yak Launch and Fishing location session
      • Reports
      • Open Topics
      • Product Spotlight
      • Series Session and Questions

      You are welcome to bring your own ice chest/refreshments/food

      Not interested any more? Unsubscribe