Re: Hello

  • hoobie74
    Message 1 of 9 , Dec 11, 2008
      O.K. so SOT is better for fishing but what about overnight trips? I'm
      looking for a boat that can do it all. Maybe not well but a little of
      it all. Also i'm trying to spend no more then $300-400 on boat and
      paddle. I have everything else to get me going.

      Thanks for the help ...

      hoobie

      --- In lafayettekayakfishing@yahoogroups.com, "Christopher W Haley"
      <christopherwhaley1@...> wrote:

      > I think the pelican that you are looking at is a sit in, which
      there
      > is nothing wrong with for fishing. It is not Ideal if fishing in
      the
      > south, it is just to hot I think. I would like to suggest that
      you
      > that a look at the pelican Castaway 116 DLX which is longer than
      the
      > kayak you are looking at, it will be more stable. The sit on top
      > kayaks are better suited for fishing this area for more resons that
      > can type. I have two of the castaway kayaks, If you you like to
      try
      > out a castaway kayak maybe we could meet up at a local lake so you
      > can try it.
      > -- In lafayettekayakfishing@yahoogroups.com, "hoobie74"
      > <hoobie74@> wrote:
      > >

      > > Thanks for the replys, not sure yet but I may go for the PELICAN
      > > PURSUIT 100. Anyone have or used one of these?
      > >

      > > --- In lafayettekayakfishing@yahoogroups.com, "hoobie74"
      > <hoobie74@>
      > > wrote:
      > > >
      > > > Hi all, new guy here with a few questions about Inflatable
      > Kayaks.
      > > > I don't have a lot of room to store things and wanted to know
      if
      > > anyone
      > > > has any experience with them. I want to use it for
      > daytrips/fishing
      > > and
      > > > some overnight camping.

    • Greg Sonnier
      Message 2 of 9 , Dec 11, 2008
        Hoobie

        I think a SOT is an all around better boat if you talking about dual purpose for fishing and camping. You get the best of both worlds: great fishing platform and storage for all your camping gear.  You can fit a lot of stuff in the front compartments of most SOTs.

        Greg

      • kikidrouant@aim.com
        Message 3 of 9 , Dec 11, 2008
          Go to a meeting.  Talk to people who have done both many times, and their experiences with different boats.  With your budget your best bet may be second hand.