Re: Hello

  • Christopher W Haley
    Message 1 of 9 , Dec 10, 2008
      I think the pelican that you are looking at is a sit in, which there
      is nothing wrong with for fishing. It is not Ideal if fishing in the
      south, it is just to hot I think. I would like to suggest that you
      that a look at the pelican Castaway 116 DLX which is longer than the
      kayak you are looking at, it will be more stable. The sit on top
      kayaks are better suited for fishing this area for more resons that I
      can type. I have two of the castaway kayaks, If you you like to try
      out a castaway kayak maybe we could meet up at a local lake so you
      can try it.
      -- In lafayettekayakfishing@yahoogroups.com, "hoobie74"
      <hoobie74@...> wrote:

      > Thanks for the replys, not sure yet but I may go for the PELICAN
      > PURSUIT 100. Anyone have or used one of these?
      >

      > --- In lafayettekayakfishing@yahoogroups.com, "hoobie74"
      <hoobie74@>
      > wrote:
      > >
      > > Hi all, new guy here with a few questions about Inflatable
      Kayaks.
      > > I don't have a lot of room to store things and wanted to know if
      > anyone
      > > has any experience with them. I want to use it for
      daytrips/fishing
      > and
      > > some overnight camping.

    • hoobie74
      Message 2 of 9 , Dec 11, 2008
        O.K. so SOT is better for fishing but what about overnight trips? I'm
        looking for a boat that can do it all. Maybe not well but a little of
        it all. Also i'm trying to spend no more then $300-400 on boat and
        paddle. I have everything else to get me going.

        Thanks for the help ...

        hoobie

        --- In lafayettekayakfishing@yahoogroups.com, "Christopher W Haley"
        <christopherwhaley1@...> wrote:

        > I think the pelican that you are looking at is a sit in, which
        there
        > is nothing wrong with for fishing. It is not Ideal if fishing in
        the
        > south, it is just to hot I think. I would like to suggest that
        you
        > that a look at the pelican Castaway 116 DLX which is longer than
        the
        > kayak you are looking at, it will be more stable. The sit on top
        > kayaks are better suited for fishing this area for more resons that
        > can type. I have two of the castaway kayaks, If you you like to
        try
        > out a castaway kayak maybe we could meet up at a local lake so you
        > can try it.
        > -- In lafayettekayakfishing@yahoogroups.com, "hoobie74"
        > <hoobie74@> wrote:
        > >

        > > Thanks for the replys, not sure yet but I may go for the PELICAN
        > > PURSUIT 100. Anyone have or used one of these?
        > >

        > > --- In lafayettekayakfishing@yahoogroups.com, "hoobie74"
        > <hoobie74@>
        > > wrote:
        > > >
        > > > Hi all, new guy here with a few questions about Inflatable
        > Kayaks.
        > > > I don't have a lot of room to store things and wanted to know
        if
        > > anyone
        > > > has any experience with them. I want to use it for
        > daytrips/fishing
        > > and
        > > > some overnight camping.

      • Greg Sonnier
        Message 3 of 9 , Dec 11, 2008
          Hoobie

          I think a SOT is an all around better boat if you talking about dual purpose for fishing and camping. You get the best of both worlds: great fishing platform and storage for all your camping gear.  You can fit a lot of stuff in the front compartments of most SOTs.

          Greg

        • kikidrouant@aim.com
          Message 4 of 9 , Dec 11, 2008
            Go to a meeting.  Talk to people who have done both many times, and their experiences with different boats.  With your budget your best bet may be second hand.