[Kayak Fishing Forum sponsored by Pack and Paddle Forum] Re: Another Challenge Series for Kayaks (Tournaments)

  • Kayak Fishing Forum sponsored by Pack and
    Message 1 of 16 , Feb 9, 2011
      Yahoo Groups Message Board,

      A new post has been made to a forum to which you have assigned as moderator on the Kayak Fishing Forum sponsored by Pack and Paddle Forum

      Subject : Re: Another Challenge Series for Kayaks
      Forum : Tournaments
      Posted by : Prototype

      Please have a look at it after you have logged in on the site.

      Message:
      -----
      Just received info for the angler of the year award:

      Angler of the year will receive $5,000 for 50 entries, $6,000 for 75 and $8500 for 100.
      -----

      Do not answer to this e-mail notification as it is a generated e-mail.

      ** Powered by Kunena! - http://www.Kunena.com **
    • Kayak Fishing Forum sponsored by Pack and
      Message 2 of 16 , Feb 10, 2011
        Yahoo Groups Message Board,

        A new post has been made to a forum to which you have assigned as moderator on the Kayak Fishing Forum sponsored by Pack and Paddle Forum

        Forum : Tournaments
        Posted by : RAGINJROB

        Please have a look at it after you have logged in on the site.

        Message:
        -----
        Is that for saltwater only or for both salt and fresh?
        -----

        Message 3 of 16 , Feb 11, 2011

          RAGINJROB wrote:
          Is that for saltwater only or for both salt and fresh?

          These are the AOY prizes for saltwater only, the freshwater series have AOY awards as well. I'll post them as soon as I find them.
          -----

          Message 4 of 16 , Mar 3, 2011
            Yahoo Groups Message Board,

            A new post has been made to a forum to which you have assigned as moderator on the Kayak Fishing Forum sponsored by Pack and Paddle Forum

            Forum : Tournaments
            Posted by : Coomz

            Please have a look at it after you have logged in on the site.

            Message:
            -----
            Hey guys, this is the newest updates about the Kayakbassfishing saltwater series. I'll just copy and paste it for you guys.

            The Kayak Bass Fishing (KBF) Saltwater Challenge Series officially started on the first of March. The Freeze Spot Challenge (two specks) ended the last of February. The unofficial results have FLJerryP13 (Jerry B) in first with 52.75 points. Jerry is a team mate on Sea Hunt in Kayak Wars.

            The start of the KBF salt water series has had some hiccups. The March KBF Salt Water Challenge advertised as an inshore slam is shown on the KBF website as a Red and Speck tourney. They are working on programming problems in order to add the third species (flounder) to make it an inshore slam. There was also some confusion as to whether the Freeze Spot Challenge would go toward point in the KBF Saltwater Angler of the Year. It will NOT count toward the KBF Saltwater AOY points. Sorrry Jerry, but you did win a kayak!

            The KBF Saltwater challenges are scheduled to run each month from March through July or 5 months. You can purchase one of the monthly challenges for $30 by going to the KBF Store and then KBF Challenge Passes. There are a good number of choices including fresh water challenges so be careful to purchase the saltwater challenge for the month that you want. You can also buy a Saltwater Pass for $100 that gets you into all 5 of the monthly saltwater challenges. Another option is to purchase the KBF BassPass for $175 that gets you into all salt and freshwater challenges for the year. A little pricy but the best deal if you want to fish salt and fresh.

            Some new to the KBF website will say that it is hard to find your way around. I thought the same at first but now like the set up. It has a very active forum. If you need assistance, PM me and I'll do by bets to guide you through it!

            The KBF Salt Water Challenge Series has experienced some growing pains but the potential for great competitions and nice prizes is there. The KBF organizers have promised to iron out the problems as soon as possible!

            The KBF fresh water challenge series is huge! The potential for the KBF salt water series to be big is there too. The KBF Saltwater AOY first prize starts off at $5,000 if enough participants sign up.

            http://www.kayakbassfishing.com

            It's still early guys. There will be lots of other prizes for each challenge besides the $5,000 AOTY prize. A lot of us are already taking pictures of our catches for Kayakwars. You might as well double dip and enter the same fish for both. I see the Lafayette fishing club team is highest in the standings for any Louisiana team so far. Great job and let's win the south central division!
            -----

            Message 5 of 16 , Mar 5, 2011
              Yahoo Groups Message Board,

              A new post has been made to a forum to which you have assigned as moderator on the Kayak Fishing Forum sponsored by Pack and Paddle Forum

              Forum : Tournaments
              Posted by : Prototype

              Please have a look at it after you have logged in on the site.

              Message:
              -----
              Thanks for keeping us in the loop coomz! I forgot that it was starting March 1st. Dances_with_reds just caught a nice slam a couple days ago. It would have been nice to see him enter it. I will be entering the challenge before my next trip!
              -----

              Message 6 of 16 , Mar 5, 2011
                Yahoo Groups Message Board,

                A new post has been made to a forum to which you have assigned as moderator on the Kayak Fishing Forum sponsored by Pack and Paddle Forum

                Forum : Tournaments
                Posted by : Coomz

                Please have a look at it after you have logged in on the site.

                Message:
                -----
                No problem man. I've been checking you guys trout catches on KW. Man you guys have big trouts over there. There's also another challenge that is also ongoing. It's called the Hook 1 season slam. It runs from now to the end of the year. You just use your identifier from whatever challenge is for that month. I don't see how much it cost but if you guys plan to fish in multiple challenges then the Saltpass will save a lot of money. Good luck guys. I'm coming for Boudreauxs Cuzzin's. BuhhLeeDat!!!!!!!!!!!
                -----

                Message 7 of 16 , Mar 6, 2011
                  Yahoo Groups Message Board,

                  A new post has been made to a forum to which you have assigned as moderator on the Kayak Fishing Forum sponsored by Pack and Paddle Forum

                  Forum : Tournaments
                  Posted by : Prototype

                  Please have a look at it after you have logged in on the site.

                  Message:
                  -----
                  Coomz wrote:
                  Good luck guys and I'm coming for Boudreauxs Cuzzin's. BuhhLeeDat!!!!!!!!!!!
                  [quote]
                  LOL...it's still early and anything can happen, but after a comment like that I'm going to try my hardest to keep BuhhLeeDat well behind Boudreauxs Cuzzins!

                  I'm going to check on hook 1. There's a bunch of online tournaments out there. Check out bounty fishing if you haven't already. It's an individual cash competition that's mostly freshwater, but they do have a few for reds and trout.
                  -----

                  Message 8 of 16 , Mar 6, 2011
                    Yahoo Groups Message Board,

                    A new post has been made to a forum to which you have assigned as moderator on the Kayak Fishing Forum sponsored by Pack and Paddle Forum

                    Forum : Tournaments
                    Posted by : RAGINJROB

                    Please have a look at it after you have logged in on the site.

                    Message:
                    -----
                    Can we still enter for just the March tourney? or do we have to buy the season pass to get in this one?
                    -----

                    Message 9 of 16 , Mar 7, 2011
                      Yahoo Groups Message Board,

                      A new post has been made to a forum to which you have assigned as moderator on the Kayak Fishing Forum sponsored by Pack and Paddle Forum

                      Forum : Tournaments
                      Posted by : Coomz

                      Please have a look at it after you have logged in on the site.

                      Message:
                      -----
                      You can enter just the march only saltwater challenges. Just make sure it says saltwater march pass. http://www.kayakbassfishingstore.com/2011-Saltwater-Challenge-Series-Pass-MARCH_p_81.html
                      The march challenge doesn't have a max on any fish. The point will be scored base on your approved measuring device. If your device only goes up to 35 inches and you catch a giant bull red that surpasses the 35 inch ruler, your score will only show 35. If for example you catch a 90 inch fish and your APPROVED device goes up that far, then you will get all the points. For more rules, please look at the challenges pages.
                      -----

                      Message 10 of 16 , Mar 16, 2011
                        Yahoo Groups Message Board,

                        A new post has been made to a forum to which you have assigned as moderator on the Kayak Fishing Forum sponsored by Pack and Paddle Forum

                        Forum : Tournaments
                        Posted by : Coomz

                        Please have a look at it after you have logged in on the site.

                        Message:
                        -----
                        It's over halfway through this month's challenge for the kayakbassfishing.com saltwater series. There's still time to win the march spring slam challenge. It seems like those guys are having a hard time catching flounders. The only flounders entered so far are from my friend Ngoc and I. Catching a flounder might be the ticket to win a great prize. There is no size limit. The only limit is the length of your measuring device. Check out the standings and the prizes here: http://challengeseries.kayakbassfish...essionid=45791

                        Next month's challenge is called the Duo Dots challenge. The challenge consists of catching two reds with a max of 32 inches. All fish over 32 inches will be scored as a 32 inch red. Tie breaker will be time the fish was entered.
                        -----

                        Do not answer to this e-mail notification as it is a generated e-mail.