November Club Meeting Moved to Nov 6

  • floundrpoundr
    Message 1 of 7 , Oct 31, 2008
      Due to election day falling on our regularly scheduled meeting date we
      are rescheduling. The meeting date is Thurs Nov 6 at Pack and Paddle,
      6 PM. John Williams will use his winnings from the Dulac tournament to
      buy and donate beer to be provided at the meeting.

      We will be busy in Nov...hopefully all catching trout and reds in the
      bay. The 1st trip being Nov 9th at Robert's camp in Cypremore. Details
      to be discussed at meeting.

      Who's going this Sunday? No Saints on the tube...

      Greg
    • kikidrouant@aim.com
      Message 2 of 7 , Oct 31, 2008
        I'm planning to go to Atchafalaya Delta WMA, Wax Lake outlet, to do some scouting for the opening of duck season the following Saturday.  We will then, do some redfishing.  Might even go after one of those big bull sharks that frequent the area.  If anyone would like to follow us out and check it out, reply to this message, and I'll talk to my partner about getting you guys started in paradise.  It takes us about 30 minutes in his flat, from the landing, I think he has a 90hp on a 20' boat.  2 kayaks, 2 men, and gear fills his flat, so you'd have to arrange your own means to ferry your boat out there.
        Don't forget, tomorrow, Pack and Paddle will have their demo day at Lake Martin, and will be demonstrating the "pedal boat".   I was thinking of maybe bringing my own boat and flyrod, and play while I'm waiting my turn to try out the demo.  I'm thinking about going early, so I can leave early and do a little tailgating for UL's homecoming.  Everyone is welcome to come out, support, eat, drink, my kind of football.  My son say's he has girlfriends cooking at six different tents.  Then I'll go home and fall asleep watching the LSU game, so I can get up early to go to "The Wax".
        Kiki   207-6596

        Message 3 of 7 , Oct 31, 2008
          That reminds me about the demo day at Lake Martin. I'm going to send
          John our new club flyer to hand out tomorrow. If anyone can be there
          on behalf of the club to answer any fishing/club-related questions
          please come by.

        • kikidrouant@aim.com
          Message 4 of 7 , Oct 31, 2008
            Want to make it clear, The Wax is scheduled for Sunday.

            Message 5 of 7 , Oct 31, 2008
              Greg,
              I'm interested in The Bay on Sunday. Anyone else?

              --- In lafayettekayakfishing@yahoogroups.com, "floundrpoundr"

            • kikidrouant@aim.com
              Message 6 of 7 , Oct 31, 2008
                Hey Carl
                Leave a message on the board where you guys will land and fish.  I just got off the phone with my hunting partner, and if we limit out on reds early enough, he wants to stop and kayak speck fish, by the point, on the way back.
                Greg :
                You showed some interest in kayak hunting.  I'll keep posting when we go out in case you get the opportunity to check it out.  We're leaving at 6am Sunday for our Wax scouting trip.
                thanks Keith

                <gregsonnier@ ...> wrote:

                > Due to election day falling on our regularly scheduled meeting date
                we
                > are rescheduling. The meeting date is Thurs Nov 6 at Pack and
                Paddle,
                > 6 PM. John Williams will use his winnings from the Dulac
                tournament to
                > buy and donate beer to be provided at the meeting.
                >
                > We will be busy in Nov...hopefully all catching trout and reds in
                the
                > bay. The 1st trip being Nov 9th at Robert's camp in Cypremore.
                Details
                > to be discussed at meeting.
                >
                > Who's going this Sunday? No Saints on the tube...
                >
                > Greg

              • Greg Sonnier
                Message 7 of 7 , Oct 31, 2008

                  Let's go ahead and make the State Park our meeting place between 7-7:15 AM.  We can meet at the end of the beach where the bouys end. Park opens at 7 AM for anyone who is not aware.  I will not know if I can go until later Saturday.

                  Kiki, I am interested in hunting.  One of these days I will get a power boat rigged up to haul some kayaks and hunting gear.  Let's touch base on Sunday about meeting up at the point.