February Events for South Louisiana!

  • Laura
    Message 1 of 2 , Feb 5 12:55 PM
      OK everyone, sorry to be sending out more than one email today, but here are a few things I need from you that Doug Opbroek sent out on the state newsletter.  If you did not receive the state email from him, you need to let me know so we can add you on.

      Saturday, Feb. 12:
      Next weekend, I will be in Lake Charles to speak to the SW LA Tea Party about FairTax vs. Flat tax.  From what I was told, the members requested this specifically to be a part of their all day planning and education event. This is great news as they will be very attentive and are wanting to absorb as much info as possible.

      If anyone has special knowledge of the flat tax and pointers that may help, please send them to me.  I will be researching further into it this week as I get my PowerPoint together.
      I'm really excited about it and can't wait to meet everyone in that corner of our state as I am also targeting Congressman Boustany for his co-sponsorship.  We need to gain more support in that district and perhaps find someone willing to be a Dist. 07 Director too.

      Time: February 12, 2011 from 8am to 5pm
      Location: Inn on the Bayou Hotel Lake Charles
      Street: 1101 W. Prien Lake Road
      City/Town: Lake Charles
      Phone: 337-583-4TEA (4832)

      Saturday, Feb. 19:
      Herman Cain will be in Slidell with the Northshore Tea Party.  Jeff Crouere was gracious enough to extend a discount on a booth for us, but we will need donations to help cover the cost. If you are unable to donate money, your time would be greatly appreciated.  I may need one or two people for the booth, but, we need people in the audience to cheer The Hermanator on when he mentions the FairTax! I will have a few placards to use, and make sure you have your FairTax gear to wear.  Let's show him and others that there is a strong support for it here in Southern LA, so he will keep us in mind for future dates as well.   Please let me know by Feb. 13 if you plan to participate so that I may coordinate our efforts.

      Time: February 19, 2011 from 1pm to 4pm
      Location: Fleur de Lis Event Center
      Street: 1645 N Causeway Blvd
      City/Town: Mandeville, La
      Website or Map: http://northshoreteaparty.web…
      Phone: Ticket Info: http://northshoreteaparty.webs.com/contactus.htm

      Fri., Sat., and Sunday, Feb. 25, 26, 27th

      The National Tea Party Patriots will be hosting the American Policy Summit in Phoenix, AZ! Click HERE for the information.  The event will be on live stream so you can watch the FairTax vs. Flat tax debate, and even be able to participate in the straw poll!!  PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE watch it and VOTE for the FT as the organization will be deciding which one to throw their support behind!

      I will be on the conference calls with Jenny Beth Martin, the National Coordinator of TPP, each Monday night from 9-11pm to get the inside scoop on planning the event.
      I will be sure to forward all relevant information.

      HUGE, HUGE MONTH FOR THE FAIRTAX AT THE STATE AND NATIONAL LEVELS!!! This will be a significant tipping point that we need to forge ahead for 2012!

      Laura O'Halloran

      Americans For Fair Taxation
      District Director (LA-06)
      Baton Rouge, LA

      225-773-8206
      www.fairtax.org

      www.fairtaxnation.com

      "Working to Make April 15th Just Another Glorious Spring Day!" ~ Mike Huckabee

    • Frank Schneider
      Message 2 of 2 , Feb 7 8:27 AM
        Laura,
        You can add me.  Frank Schneider.

[...]