back

  • elf_iv_lc91
    Message 1 of 13 , Feb 24, 2009
      Hi all and Happy Mardi Gras!

      How many of you are in the New Orleans area? I'm planning on a March
      trip. Hope to have moved by April.
    • laura70726
      Message 2 of 13 , Mar 3 5:32 PM
        I am in the Baton Rouge area, but will come to NOLA anytime. I'm looking forward to meeting anyone in the area.

        --- In lafairtax@yahoogroups.com, "elf_iv_lc91" <elf_iv_lc91@...> wrote:

        > Hi all and Happy Mardi Gras!
        >
        > How many of you are in the New Orleans area? I'm planning on a March
        > trip. Hope to have moved by April.

      • Dianne Cochran
        Message 3 of 13 , Mar 5 6:42 PM
          I have been looking for FAIRTAX people too.  A while back a guy in Destrehan tried to have meeting but got so busy he had to back out and I have been out of touch too and haven't checked this email for a while.  I tried emailing people listed as contacts in this area and have not heard back from any of them and was told the listing were way out of date.  What is going on in Baton Rouge.
          Dianne

          Message 4 of 13 , Mar 5 6:44 PM
            I am not sure.  I tried to email contacts listed on Fairtax site about a year ago, but never got any answer back and have not checked this email address in a while.  Surprised to get the email.
            Dianne

            Message 5 of 13 , Mar 7 3:57 AM
              I've been a Community Coordinator for about 5 years.  I've had my eye on relocating to New Orleansfor a while.  I just need an offer to make it a reality.  With the wetland and infrastructure restoration, I'm optomistic it'll happen soon.  Once there, we'll get organized - both New Orleans and Baton Rouge.  Spread the word as much as you can.

              One of my dreams / fantasies is to have a FairTax float in one of the truck parades on Mardi Gras!  Your thoughts?

              Thanks, -Ed

              I have been looking for FAIRTAX people too.  A while back a guy in Destrehan tried to have meeting but got so busy he had to back out and I have been out of touch too and haven't checked this email for a while.  I tried emailing people listed as contacts in this area and have not heard back from any of them and was told the listing were way out of date.  What is going on in Baton Rouge.
              Dianne

              I am in the Baton Rouge area, but will come to NOLA anytime. I'm looking forward to meeting anyone in the area.

              --- In lafairtax@yahoogrou ps.com, "elf_iv_lc91" <elf_iv_lc91@ ...> wrote:

              > Hi all and Happy Mardi Gras!
              >
              > How many of you are in the New Orleans area? I'm planning on a March
              > trip. Hope to have moved by April.

            • Ed
              Message 6 of 13 , Mar 7 4:20 AM
                There are many FairTax sites.  Well, here's another for LA: http://www.fairtaxnation.com/group/louisianafairtax.  The goal of the site is to better coordinate.  It seems to spread word better than yahoo groups.

                -Ed

                I am not sure.  I tried to email contacts listed on Fairtax site about a year ago, but never got any answer back and have not checked this email address in a while.  Surprised to get the email.
                Dianne

                How many of you are in the New Orleans area? I'm planning on a March
                trip. Hope to have moved by April.

              • Coreen Dearstone
                Message 7 of 13 , Mar 8 9:26 AM
                  Hi, I am in Morgan City,LA .  Also looking for  Fairtax  people.  NO not that  far from me  nor is Baton Rouge-wouldnt  mind going to either  place.  This is the first  time  someone from this area  has  sent an email.
                  Please  both keep in  touch!!!!!!

                  I have been looking for FAIRTAX people too.  A while back a guy in Destrehan tried to have meeting but got so busy he had to back out and I have been out of touch too and haven't checked this email for a while.  I tried emailing people listed as contacts in this area and have not heard back from any of them and was told the listing were way out of date.  What is going on in Baton Rouge.
                  Dianne

                  I am in the Baton Rouge area, but will come to NOLA anytime. I'm looking forward to meeting anyone in the area.

                  --- In lafairtax@yahoogrou ps.com, "elf_iv_lc91" <elf_iv_lc91@ ...> wrote:

                  > Hi all and Happy Mardi Gras!
                  >
                  > How many of you are in the New Orleans area? I'm planning on a March
                  > trip. Hope to have moved by April.

                • Kenneth Barrett
                  Message 8 of 13 , Mar 9 8:36 AM
                    hello when are you coming to new orleans  let me know

                    I am not sure.  I tried to email contacts listed on Fairtax site about a year ago, but never got any answer back and have not checked this email address in a while.  Surprised to get the email.
                    Dianne

                    How many of you are in the New Orleans area? I'm planning on a March
                    trip. Hope to have moved by April.

                  • Ballagh, Robert S MAJ MIL USA FORSCOM
                    Message 9 of 13 , Mar 9 8:53 AM

                      Classification: UNCLASSIFIED

                      Caveats: NONE

                      Dianne,
                        I am an avid fairtax supporter and my family lives in the Baton Rouge area.  Me, I am in the Regular Army and am currently stationed at Fort Polk so the little time I get in BR I spend with my family.   I am, however, taking our Congressmen and Senators to task constantly about the Fairtax.  I am willing to assist anyone and share what I get back from them but have little time for meetings between my deployments and training.

                      rob

                      Message 10 of 13 , Mar 17 5:04 AM
                        Kenneth and all,

                        Things aren't happening as rapidly as I'ld like.  Should hear about a couple of positions by the end of the week.  I think I'm chasing at least 12 environment / engineer-type positions in the NO and BR areas.  I have a wedding to in NOLA and may end up scouting the areas for housing as well.

                        Anyone up for a Tea Party around then?  I'll update my plans as it gets closer.

                        -Ed

                        Message 11 of 13 , Mar 17 12:51 PM
                          Rob ~~
                          I fiinally have been contacted by others in the state, and surrounding parishes.  Maybe something can get going in our area.  I am trying to find out where I can volunteer, especially what needs to be done.  Keep in touch.  I'm an Air Force brat and my brother was Army too.  Love the military and proud of what you do for us.  Take care.

                          Message 12 of 13 , Mar 17 2:47 PM
                            The State of Louisiana has FairTax leadership.  You can reach them through FairTax.org as well as FairTaxNation.  The easiest thing is to put a bumper sticker or magnetic sign on your auto or wear a FairTax t-shirt or hat.  If you've got the time, call talk shows.

                            Once I move, we can plan some meetings and/or tea parties.  I would encourage ya'll to go ahead and meet if you haven't already.  I'll check to see that all of the FairTax attachments and tools I have are in the files section of this site.  If you're comfortable speaking in front of people, try contacting your local Farm Bureau, board of realtors, and other groups.

                            I learned an effective way to get the word out durring the Huckabee campaign.  A bunch (6 or more) of people waving signs at a busy intersection is very powerful.

                            Have fun and good luck!

                            -Ed

                            Message 13 of 13 , Mar 18 10:33 AM
                              Ed, a parade float sounds good. We would need to be careful which parade it's in to reach the most people in the most effective way. This could be some interesting research....

                              Laura