FW: [tnfairtax] Opportunity in Louisiana

  • Scheduler
    Message 1 of 1 , May 11, 2008

      ----- Forwarded Message ----
      From: Matthew Masson <mpmasson@...>
      To: tnfairtax@yahoogroups.com
      Sent: Friday, May 9, 2008 11:18:05 AM
      Subject: [tnfairtax] Opportunity in Louisiana

      If anyone knows of a FairTax contact in Louisiana, we have a wonderful
      opportunity.

      Currently, there is a bill in the State Legislature that will repeal
      their income tax over 10 years. This is actually a ploy by some
      legislators to force Governor Jindal into a corner...to see if he will
      truly support tax cuts by offering something they believe to be
      ridiculous. It will require Jindal to either take away some of his
      budget projects or keep the taxes as they are.

      What if someone contacted him and said there is another way. A state-
      wide FairTax.

      If there are any contacts in LA, can we get them to start calling on
      the governor and gauge the interest.

      Here is the article in the Times-Picayune.

      http://www.nola. com/news/ t-p/capital/ index.ssf? /base/news-
      6/1210311028212680. xml&coll= 1