FW: Lawrenceville Book Signing

  • Genie Hayes
    Message 1 of 1 , Aug 6, 2005

      You guys just rock!!!  That’s a total of over 2000 people - At book signings!  This has to be making history…watch for the book signings coming you way here at http://www.fairtax.org/boortz_book.html

      Genie Hayes

      1-800-FAIRTAX #137

      -----Original Message-----
      From: Dennis Duncan [mailto:54duncan@...]
      Saturday, August 06, 2005 4:21 PM
      To: Genie Hayes
      Subject: Lawrenceville Book Signing

      We had an excellent book signing.  Everything went very smooth.   Both Neal and Congressman Linder were there to sign books.  They stayed until the line was gone, and the last few stragglers were taken care of.  Over the entire event lasted about an hour and 45 minutes.  As usual Neal was very entertaining to the group.  He and Congressman Linder interact very well.

      The turnout was great.  There were over 390 line numbers issues, plus at the end, they stopped giving out numbers when the line was low.  Most of the numbers went to groups of at least two people or more.  A conservative estimate would be about 400 to 600 people there.

      Due to the extremely high turnout in the other venues, we did not have a lot of supplies.  Fortunately both David and I had some extra supplies left over from previous events, so we had some materials to hand out.

      Chapter 11 was very supportive and appreciative of our help.  Our volunteers helped with issuing line numbers as well as answering questions on how the process would work.  The store had 600 books on hand, and came very close to running out.  Towards the end we had to tell the people that they could not guarantee a book if they received a line number.  The process was smooth, and they were able to sign all of the books.

      The crowd was very supportive of the Fair Tax.  We were able to secure a lot of petitions.  We had the six clipboards working almost constantly.  We were able to send volunteers out into crowd that was lined up outside.  Thanks to the work of some very diligent volunteers, we almost filled a box with petitions.  It is very refreshing to see so many people who all said we are 100% behind this.  It seems that when people learn and understand about the Fair Tax, they become supportive.  We need to continue to spread the word.  We have to continue to fight the misinformation that is out there.  This book has started get attention for the proposal, let’s keep it going and get this passed.

      I would like to thank everyone who came out to help.  Gordon and Jill Fuller, Robert and Sheri Coursey, Guy Turner, David Klepinger, and another gentleman who’s name I missed did a great job handing out materials, helping out with the line, and generally just answering questions about both the Fair Tax as well as the book signing.

      Dennis Duncan