Lord and Lady Dudley's Rooms

  • CandyM
    Message 1 of 14 , Jan 4, 2010
      Jane heard the procession of the Queen advance outside the rooms of her and her husband, Lord Guildford. She turned to look at her husband who sat at the table setting up a game of cards and went over to him, "Milord," she began, "Is that her procession for her corination?" Jane hoped it was. Then this bussiness for her to be Queen would be over for the rightful heir would have been crowned. Jane set down, and started to reach of her cards.
    • Catalina
      Message 2 of 14 , Jan 4, 2010
        "i believe it is, Jane." His servant came and poured a goblet of wine for the both of them as they sat to play at cards. He himself, hath no thoughts on the matter. It was just the coarse of things.

        TAG Lady Jane Grey

        Message 3 of 14 , Jan 4, 2010
          Jane took her glass of wine and took a small sip, "She won't ever forgive us for what we have done will she?" Jane's voice quivered just a bit at the thought of being kept in the Tower for the rest of her life, "And now with the baby coming, Guildford...if it's a boy...Guildford, what is she going to do to us?" These questions had haunted Jane's mind for a while. She was worried. She cared little for her own life, but her child's and her husband's were very dear to her.
        • Catalina
          Message 4 of 14 , Jan 4, 2010
            "What she is going to do today is enjoy her Coronation. As to what she is going to do in the future, I do not know. But what I think she may do is keep us here in the Tower forever and I must be realistic with you, wife. All we can hope is that she does not behead us and steal the child from us. This is too much for my head, Jane. I can bear to think of the future. That is why there is a part of me that is terrified that you art with child. I would not hath the child stolen from us but she is Queen and if she wishes to remove the child from us, so she shall. I can not imagine you headless, Jane." A terrified look came into his eyes. It was not good when Lord Guildford Dudley acquired this look. He drank back his wine and ordered for another goblet. "Let us take it one day at a time, Jame. Let us enjoy what we do hath, this time together. At least, the Queen has made sure that we art together and not separated."

            TAG Lady Jane Dudley

            Message 5 of 14 , Jan 4, 2010
              Jane gave a slight nod, and walked over to her husband and sat beside him, taking his hand in hers as some small measure of comfort. "It was horrible that one time they took you from me, Guildford. I do not know how to be strong when you are not here. You are my rock. Without you I feel as if my world is breaking apart." She rested her head gently on his shoulder, "I am sorry, husband. I should not have said such. It was inappropreate of me." She lifts her head back from his shoulder and stairs into his eyes.
            • Catalina
              Message 6 of 14 , Jan 4, 2010
                "Thank you, Jane. Now let us not discuss it, please. Let Queen Mary enjoy her day and let us enjoy the time left to us, please. God, I am thrilled that you art with child, woman but then at the same time, I fear for the child, greatly, especially if it be a boy. Come, let us finish the round of cards." Lord Guildford Dudley said.

                TAG Lady Jane Dudley

                Message 7 of 14 , Jan 4, 2010
                  Jane nodded and slipped her hand out of his and returned to her seat across the table, picking up her hand of discarded cards. She took a small sip of her wine and glanced over to her husband. Cards was not her favorite pass time, but she did it because it pleased him. And it was her wifely duty to please him.

                  If only his mother did not think so low of her. It was not secret that his mother did not like the Lady Jane Grey Dudley, but Jane was worried how she would react to finding out Jane was with child. Last she had heard, Guildford had orders not to lay with her because she was an ungrateful snip who had not given him the crown matrimonal. But she could not have done it. At the time, Guildford was not ready for the crown, neither was herself. But now...she was just glad it was not her burden to bear.

                  Jane longed for another audience with her cousin and this time in private so she could try to appeal to the Queen's since of fairness and promise her undying loyalty and support and promice to embrace the "true religion" because it would make her all the more less appitising a canadite if she were not protestant.

                  Jane watched the card game play out taking little intrest in it. A book sat on the table and she could not help but to want to read it. It was an old copy of plato that had been a favorite of hers for a while. Little Mary had seen fit to send it to her and she could not help but be thankful to her favorite little sister. But she must do as her husband comands because he was her master.

                  No she didn't give that title away to a man lightly, but Lord Guildford Dudley had earned it. He had taken control of her in this situation and proved his love for her. And in turn she gave him her love, her devotion, and her unwavering obidence. All that it took to make Jane yours was a little love that she had been so starved of.
                • Catalina
                  Message 8 of 14 , Jan 6, 2010
                    OOC: Candy, I need to tell you that I loved this post. Very, very well written.

                    Bic:

                    And so the card game progressed and Jane stopped speaking of the topic, Lord Guildford Dudley hated most to hear of: Queen Mary Tudor and what she was going to do to them and their child. How he loved this child, his Jane carried. If only he could be on their estate with her and raise this child properly but no, he had to be here in the Tower, all because his father, the Duke of Northumberland lost and Mary Tudor won. The people rose up for Mary Tudor. How he wished Jane sat on the Throne where she belonged but he would never ever tell her this for he knew that she did not wish this great honour. She did not wish for her destiny. A part of Lord Guildford Dudley was angered greatly by this but he loved her. He loved her greatly. She was learned, cultured, erudite. None could compare to Jane Grey in education, in knowlegde. She needed him and he needed her. In the short time they were in the Tower, a strong bond has developed between them because he would be damned straight to hell, if he would allow Mary Tudor or anybody else to take away the woman he has come to love. His mother be damened straight to hell as well. He no longer wrote to her. He no longer saw her when she came to visit. Once when he went on his walkabout by himself, he saw his brother, Robert Dudley and Robert hath told him that their mother, the Lady Jane Guildford Dudley is furious with Guildford. She is no longer bringing him anything. Let him starve in the Tower was her attitude. It wilt serven him right and yet, Lord Guildford Dudley does not starve. He has love, something his mother could never ever understand and not that she did not love his father, the Duke of Northumberland for Lord Guildford Dudley knew that she did but she has remarried, has she not and why. She hath many children. None would hath expected her to wed.

                    Lord Guildford Dudley noticed Jane eye the book young Lady Mary Grey hath sent her sister and he said, "Enough of cards, Jane. I would you read aloud of that book to me and then we shalt discuss it. My mother, the Lady Jane Dudley hath always said I should pay more attention to my studies. Well, what better time to pick up one's studies than to be taught by one of the greatest minds in England and at this time, whence we hath so, so much time." He sighed, too, too much time. How he longed to get on his stallion, Gypsy and ride and ride and ride. He loved to ride. He is missed the country.

                    Message 9 of 14 , Jan 6, 2010
                      Jane smiled at Guildford and picked up the book. She started to read translating the familair greek words into english as she went. "I love plato. Isn't he so insightful?" Her face radiated with knowledge as she glanced over to her husband.
                    • Catalina
                      Message 10 of 14 , Jan 8, 2010
                        Lord Guildford Dudley loved it when his Jane was happy and she was happiest with her books. "Yes, he is insightful." he said, although not ever having a taste for the classics or knowlege of that kind, Lord Guildford Dudley was not sure. "Now explain it to me, Jane for I wish to learn and who better to learn from than the finest scholar in England." In some ways this was a command but he knew that if Jane taught it to him, he would understand for she always knew how to explain things.

                        TAG Lady Jane Dudley

                        Message 11 of 14 , Jul 2, 2010
                          "The soul takes flight to the world that is eternal... invisible. But there arriving she is sure of bliss, and forever dwells in paradise." She reads the statement again and then pauses. "It means that sometimes we have to die for what we believe in. And then the soul is rewarded in heaven for scarfising ourseleves." She glances up at Guildford, "Am I compromising what I believe in?"

                          Message 12 of 14 , Jul 5, 2010
                            Lord Guildford Dudley looked towards heaven as his Jane explained Plato to him. He did not want to die. He wanted to live. He wanted to have power and glory and riches. It was so difficult breaking away from the beliefs of his lady mother, the Lady Jane Guildford Dudley. He only wanted to get his land, have a fine castle on it, with lots of tenants and power and a home for his Jane, where he and she could hath children and raise them and be happy and comfortable but he felt for sure that it was never to be, not ever, for they aspired to the Crown of England. Norfolk still hath some power with the Queen. Yes, he may be very, very old but if he, Lord Guildford Dudley could get to the Duke of Norfolk, perhaps he could hath Jane's sister, the Lady Catherine Grey come to him for he knew that she would like to see one of her sisters. It hath been nice to see the Lady Mary Grey, even though she was not his favourite of Jane's sisters. It was Catherine Grey whom he liked. She was vivacious. They should hath wed him to Catherine but he was glad that they did not for he hath fallen in love with his Jane, even though she was so, so different from him. "That sounds interesting, Jane but I do not want to die. You know that you doth be more religious than I. Now I do not understand what you say. Compromising what, dearest wife?"

                            TAG Lady Jane Dudley

                            Message 13 of 14 , Jul 6, 2010
                              "You know I was raised with the Protestant faith, my dear husband. And I believe it with all my heart, but I know we must convince Queen Mary that we art Cathloic so that we will not be a threat to her. But Guildford, would it be better to die for what I believe in? Or to change everything to live?"

                              Message 14 of 14 , Jul 7, 2010
                                This was so, so difficult to answer, thought Lord Guildford Dudley. He himself was Protestant as his father, the Duke of Northumerland hath been along with the rest of his family but he was not religious. It did not matter to what faith he belonged but with Jane, it was different. She took the faith seriously. As her lord husband, he could command her to pratice the dread Roman Catholic faith for he did not like it. It galled him that Queen Mary would hath it that she is not Head of the Church of England and hath the Pope return. Yet, he felt that faith was a matter of personal choice and Jane should be allowed to practice it but she can not for the law of the land would be changed by Queen Mary. "Jane, I would consult to change your religion for I loveth you and wish for you to live but that is selfish. Faith means all to you. I could command you as your lord husband to change but I would not for I believe you need to decide for yourself. Faith is a matter of personal choice as far as I am concerned. But I know that your faith sustained you in your miserable life with the Duke and Duchess of Suffolk. Unforunately I need to let you make your own mind up upon the matter."

                                TAG Lady Jane Dudley.