Re: The Tower

  • annasum_us
    Message 1 of 173 , Apr 2, 2009
      --- In lady_jane_grey_rpg@yahoogroups.com, "candy_rashelle_mason" <candy_rashelle_mason@...> wrote:

      > Miss Ellen helped Jane out of her dress so she was in her light chemise. then she waited for the doctor to continue.
      >
      > The lutiente nodded, "Of course lord Dudley. The Queen wishes you are together."

      The Lord Lieutant of Tower hath brought Lord Guildford Dudley and his servant, Jerome, into the next room and took his leave. Lord Guildford Dudley said unto Jerome, "A goblet of wine." Lord Guildford Dudley was not a patient man and already he was stewing and wishing that the physican were quicker. A goblet of wine or perhaps two would make the time go faster until he saw his Jane again.

      Dr. Jamieson went over to the Lady Jane and put the sthethscope on her heart. It seemed to be beating naturally and normally, He said unto her, as he brought the stethscope down to her belly. "Have you missed your bleeding period, my lady Jane?" This was quite blunt as this topic was delicate, even among women but he was being professional and he prided himself on his professionalism. The Lady Jane was an attractive woman, ripe for the taking and yet, Dr. Jamieson would not even think to do so. He was here for a reason to see if the lady is ill and he means to fulfil his job. There are whores out there just for that purpose. But the thought did cross his mind. Also it would be unwise for she was Queen Mary's prisoner and an important prisoner to boot. She desired to be Queen. That is why she is here. There are those who doth sayth, that Northumberland do doth put her up to it. Was she not Frances Brandon's daughter? One of the most ambitious of woman, along with her husband, Henry Grey, Duke of Suffolk.

      TAG Lady Jane Grey
    • Catalina
      Message 173 of 173 , Aug 15 3:10 PM
        --- In lady_jane_grey_rpg@yahoogroups.com, "candy_rashelle_mason" <candy_rashelle_mason@...> wrote:

        > OOC: In a way I am glad Anne Boleyn became queen. I would be lying if I said she was not my favorite followed by Katherine Howard. I don't know. There was just something about Katherine of Aragon that did not sit well with me, and after reading David Starkey's six wives even more so. She was in her own way just as decietful as Anne Boleyn. I don't idolize Anne or Katherine by any means, but their stories are so compelling and as I dig into history more I am finding that I like Katherine Howard much better than Anne. Maybe because no one really cares about her. She is a character that is in a way hidden from history because we know so little about her. It makes it easier to relate. I guess I have a think for howard girls.
        >
        > But Mary, I don't really know. i agree with the reform in the church that was going on. The Catholic church was corupt, but then again so was the government. The whole time was corrupt. But it needed to change. i know Edward did as much harm as Mary did in his quest for religious reform, but for some reason we ignore what he and Elizabeth did and focus on Mary. Even Henry had people killed for religous views. Look at another favorite of mine Anne Askew.

        Katherine of Aragon is not one of my favourite wives of Henry the Eight, Candy because if I was her, I would have brought civil war to England rather than lose my throne, my husband and my child. She was not decietful. She was stubborn, that was her only fault and I think if you were in her shoes, you would probably have done what she did. She was the daughter of the great Isabella of Castille and the great Ferdinand of Aragon and she never fogot it. Of coarse, the Roman Catholic Church needed reform. We know that but Henry the Eight could have changed the Church from within instead of making thousands of nuns and priests and monks homeless. Henry the Eight did what he did for two reasons. The first because Anne Boleyn bewitched him and by allowing the Cromwell to bring down the monastries he got more gold and that is what it was all about because he loved Queen Katherine of Aragon but Anne Boleyn was sexy, I suppose, and she knew how to wrap him around her little finger. And I do not hate Anne Boleyn neither but neither is she my favourite of Henry's wives. My favourtite of Henry's wives are Jane Seymour and Katherine Parr. These are the two Queens Henry the Eight did not fall out of love with. Of coarse, Jane Seymopur was very, very lucky that she managed to get a son.

        You do notice, Candy, how everyone focuses on Mary's religious presection and not on the fact that she did not pack her Parliaments or her Courts. That everyone in her reign charged of a crime had a fair chance of acquittal if they were proven innocent. Also do not forget it was Mary the First's religion that kept her strong throughout all her trials and tribulations. She and Edward the Sixth had much in common. Both very staunch within their respective religions.

        Katherine Howard, I do not know what to make of her, except that she had a rotten childhood. Nobody taught her what was right or wrong. Don't forget she was only one of Edmund Howard and the Lady Joyce Culpepper's brood. Insignificant, until Norfolk decided she could possibly capture the King as he did not like Anne of Cleves. Norfolk was clever and he used everything and everyone he had to his and Howard advantage.

        In the long run, it was Anne of Cleves who was the most clever, only because she decided to accept divorce but then her brother, William, Duke of Cleves was not nearly as powerful as the Holy Roman Emperor, do not forget. She was basically on her own. She probably hated Cleves and did not want to return so she wanted to make the best of a bad baragin. And she did not love Henry the Eight the way Katherine of Aragon did. Do not forget Katherine of Aragon was Henry's wife for twenty three years.