Re: The Court at Greenwich

  • annasum_us
    Message 1 of 17 , Apr 4, 2008
      --- In lady_jane_grey_rpg@yahoogroups.com, "candy_rashelle_mason"
      <candy_rashelle_mason@...> wrote:

      > "Navie would be the only word to discribe him. His mannors are
      lacking
      > and in my opion I would not allow him to marry my daugher much less
      you
      > milady. I would consider a foregin allience. With France perhaps."
      > Stephen said expressing his true opion

      OOC: Candy, I can not respond to this becasue this is not true. Stephan
      Gardiner wanted Mary the First to wed with Edward Courtney. He spent
      time with him in the Tower and became like a father to Edward Courtney.
      Don't forget he is a Plantagnet. So I hope you change this post but if
      you do not widh to, then I will respond as to how I think Queen Mary
      heard him. So up to you, Candy. Thanks.
    • candy_rashelle_mason
      Message 2 of 17 , Apr 5, 2008
        OOC: Opps sorry having a blonde moment. I swear I knew that.

        "I can only agree with him, your majesty. Courtney is a fine young man.
        He also has a claim to the English throne, like you your magesty. If
        you remove that then no one can try to stop you."
      • annasum_us
        Message 3 of 17 , Apr 5, 2008
          <candy_rashelle_mason@...> wrote:

          > OOC: Opps sorry having a blonde moment. I swear I knew that.
          >
          > "I can only agree with him, your majesty. Courtney is a fine young
          man.
          > He also has a claim to the English throne, like you your magesty.
          If
          > you remove that then no one can try to stop you."

          Queen Mary said, "Yes, yes, Gardiner. But tell me about him. You
          spent a lot of time with him whence you were incareated in the Tower.
          I know about him. What he likes, his hopes, his ambiitons, if he has
          any, what he dislikes. I want to know about my cousin." There was a
          part of Queen Mary that did not want to wed but she knew she hath to
          in order that the Roman Catholic Church doth survive in England. And
          she hath to wed soon for she was not young. She hath had many
          propsals but none came to fruition. So, as Edward Courtney was
          suggested as a possible husband, she wanted to know about him.

          TAG Stephan Gardiner
        • candy_rashelle_mason
          Message 4 of 17 , Apr 6, 2008
            "Courtney is like one who is raised in the tower his whole life should
            be. He is not any different then you should expect your majesty. He is
            just your cousin."

            OOC: Dramtic Irony I love it so
          • annasum_us
            Message 5 of 17 , Apr 7, 2008
              <candy_rashelle_mason@...> wrote:

              > "Courtney is like one who is raised in the tower his whole life
              should
              > be. He is not any different then you should expect your majesty. He
              is
              > just your cousin."
              >
              > OOC: Dramtic Irony I love it so

              Why is it, thought Queen Mary, that she could not get the answers
              she wished from Gardiner. She liked Gardiner, greatly. She knew he
              was a True Roman Catholic, even though the was a Henrican Catholic in
              her father's reign but he had to do that in order to survice to be
              able to serve her as it was with the Duke of Norfolk. When one
              thought of that, it was laughable. Both Norfolk's kin, Anne Boleyn
              and Kathryn Howard are dead. His son, the Earl of Surrey is dead,
              behaeded in the Tower. Her father, Henry the Eight is dead as well as
              her young brother, King Edward the Sixth among so many others like
              Bishop John Fisher, Sir Thomas More, Lord Audley, Charles Brandon,
              Duke of Suffolk, Dowager Queen Mary of France, her aunt. the two
              young sons of Brandon and the duaghter of her mother, Katherine of
              Aragon's dearest friend, the Lady Willoughby, Catherine Willoughby,
              Duchess of Suffolk and yet Thomas Howard, third Duke of Norfolk is
              still kicking. The way fate twists, thought Queen Mary. Norfolk
              proabably survived for further pusnishment, that he should live to
              see her, Mary Tudor, ascend the Throne after what he and Suffolk hath
              done to her mother, Queen Katherine of Aragon. Well, she would be
              good to the man in his old age for she was sure he could not possibly
              live too much longer.

              But why was Gardiner so evasive in regards to Courtney. He was the
              one who sponsored him and wished for her to wed with him.
            • candy_rashelle_mason
              Message 6 of 17 , Apr 7, 2008
                OOc: Sorry there was nothing really good about Courtney

                "Who did your majesty have in mind for a husband?" Gardiner asked the
                queen
              • annasum_us
                Message 7 of 17 , Apr 7, 2008
                  <candy_rashelle_mason@...> wrote:

                  > OOc: Sorry there was nothing really good about Courtney
                  >
                  > "Who did your majesty have in mind for a husband?" Gardiner asked the
                  > queen

                  OOC: I am sorry, Candy. I do not understand your OOC. What do you
                  mean that there was nothing good about Sir Edward Courtney. Gardiner
                  loved him.

                  Bic:

                  Queen Mary said, "Oh, there are many possibilties but of coarse, I
                  favour Spain, Gardiner. Simon Renard hath informed me that the Emperor
                  is putting forth his widowed son, Prince Phillip and I have recieved
                  communication from my cousin, the Emperor, hoping I will consider him.
                  Of coarse, I shalt consider him but I have to consider all offers." She
                  did wish to ally with Spain, her mother's Country. The Emperor wrote to
                  her of Prince Phillip. He seemed so handsome and good. She was sure he
                  would be a good husband, even though he was so, so young. She was
                  thirty seven, he twenty six.

                  TAG Stephan Gardiner
                • candy_rashelle_mason
                  Message 8 of 17 , Apr 8, 2008
                    OOC: I ment in reality. I always hated Courtney's wishy washy figure

                    IC
                    Gardiner nodded, "I do not think people shall like an allience with
                    Spain your majesty. I believe it would upset more people."
                  • annasum_us
                    Message 9 of 17 , Apr 9, 2008
                      <candy_rashelle_mason@...> wrote:

                      > OOC: I ment in reality. I always hated Courtney's wishy washy figure
                      >
                      > IC
                      > Gardiner nodded, "I do not think people shall like an allience with
                      > Spain your majesty. I believe it would upset more people."

                      OOC: I did not, Candy. I always liked Sir Edward Courtney but just
                      because I may have liked him, does not mean that I believe he would
                      have made a good Consort to Mary Tudor. In fact I know he would not
                      have just because he lacked experience being in the Tower most of his
                      life. But you must put your own feelings to the side when playing a
                      character and Gardiner loved Sir Edward Courtney.

                      Bic: Queen Mary frowned, "The people of England doth loveth my
                      mother, Queen Katherine of Aragon and they knowth I hath their best
                      interests at heart. If I decide to wed with Spain, so I shall. But
                      for the time being, I am listening to all proposals, just as long as
                      they not be with the Protestant countries. Gardiner, I shalt never
                      forget in 1538, whence Phillip of Bavaria came to England to propose
                      for my hand in marriage. He was a fine man, a true gentleman and he
                      spoke well and civilly to me whence we met. He courted me well and a
                      part of my heart, the foolish part did fall madly in love with his
                      looks and his manners but God spoke to me. God always speaks to me,
                      Gardiner. It is because of God that I hath survived as long as I did.
                      God told me, no matter how much I may like Phillip of Bavaria, no
                      matter, how good of a husband he may hath been unto me, no matter,
                      how kind he may hath been for he was a very good man, I could not
                      possibly wed with him because he is Protestant and I am Catholic. We
                      hath discussed that and he hath even said thaat he would come to live
                      in England with me and convert to Roman Catholicism and we could be
                      happy together and hath many children. I wish it would hath happened
                      but my father, the late King, Great Henry the Eight, would not hath
                      it. He hath said, if I doth do wed with Phillip of Bavaria, yes, he
                      was to live in England but he could not possibly convert to Roman
                      Catholicism. He would not hath it. In the end, as you know, my dear
                      friend, Phillip of Bavaria left, broken hearted. I do believe he doth
                      really and truly loved me for I did him. I did love Phillip of
                      Bavaria. He suited my character, Protestant though he was. He would
                      hath cnverted for me. He would hath. That is how good a man he was."
                      Queen Mary would speak ill of her father, the late King Henry the
                      Eight, even though she hath every right to. So many proposals of
                      marriage and they all came to naught. She wished she hath wed with
                      her Cousin, the Emperor Charles the Fifth. That was the right
                      marriage for her but she was too young for him. He needed an heir
                      quickly and Isabella of Portuagal came along with a very rich dowry.
                      She hath often wept that she was spurned but never in public, always
                      in the privacy of her bed, at night as she was falling asleep.
                      Imagine being the Empress of Germany and the Queen of Spain. Well,
                      she shall be Queen of Spain. She shalt marry Isabella of Portugal's
                      son, Prince Phillip who wilt be Phillip the Second of Spain and the
                      Netherlands and may even in time be elected Holy Roman Emperor. She
                      shalt hath all those titles. Queen of Naples as well. Archduchess of
                      Burgundy. These art only some of the titles, she shalt hath as Prince
                      Phillip's wife but the most important two of her titles wilt be Queen
                      of England and Spain. But she did love Phillip of Bavaria all those
                      years ago. It would hath been a good marriage and she would hath had
                      children.

                      TAG Gardiner
                    • candy_rashelle_mason
                      Message 10 of 17 , Apr 12, 2008
                        "Courtney is a fine man though, Queen Mary. He not only has a claim to
                        the English throne but also to the Scotish. The English lords would
                        love the marriage to one of them. A Spainsh lord I do not believe they
                        would love."
                      • annasum_us
                        Message 11 of 17 , Apr 12, 2008
                          <candy_rashelle_mason@...> wrote:

                          > "Courtney is a fine man though, Queen Mary. He not only has a claim
                          > the English throne but also to the Scotish. The English lords would
                          > love the marriage to one of them. A Spainsh lord I do not believe
                          they
                          > would love."

                          "In the end, it will be my decision and my decision alone, my Lord
                          Gardiner. Now I need to be alone for I hath a very important letter
                          to write. I am inviting the Duchess of Suffolk to second to my
                          Household under Susan. You art dismissed." Queen Mary so hath
                          dismissed Stephan Gardiner. She took her parchment and her quill and
                          dipped it into her inkblotter and began the letter to her Cousin, the
                          Lady Frances Brandon, Duchess of Suffolk who was now at Bradgate.

                          To my dear Esteemed Cousin, Lady Frances Brandon, Duchess of Suffolk

                          We art writing to you to invite you to Court to attend upon us,
                          you, your daughter, the Lady Catherine Grey and the Lady Mary Grey.
                          We wish for you to join our Household. I hope and pray to see you at
                          Court very, very soon. You are to report to the head of my Household,
                          Lady Susan Clarenioux.

                          Yours Affectionately

                          Mary Regina

                          Queen Mary summoned a page boy that was at the end of the Council
                          room. There were always page boys in the Council chambers for
                          messages were begin delivered on a daily basis as Queen Mary's
                          Council was very, very large. She said, "Mark, deliver this to the
                          Lady Frances Brandon, Duchess of Suffolk at Bradgate in Suffolk. Ride
                          hard and ride as fast as possible." She handed the boy ten grouts.

                          TAG Duchess of Suffolk
                        • pkingsgirl16@aol.com
                          Message 12 of 17 , Apr 12, 2008
                                "If I have to spend one more day here at Bradgate, I will surely go mad. Some news from court must come soon, it just has to," thought Frances Brandon. She felt almost exiled since the fall of her daughter and husband, and the rise of Queen Mary. Just then, she looked out of the window and saw a court messenger arriving on horseback.  It was a message from the Queen. Frances read it and dropped the letter to the ground in shock. " All my dreams are coming true again, I am still young, and going to court with my two young daughters, we should be able to start a new life again at court."  Frances hurried inside and started yelling at the household servants to pack for her and her daughters. They were invited, actually invited, not ordered to join the court by the Queen. And she requested that they arrive very very soon.

                                The Duchess called the girls to her in the drawing room. "Catherine, Mary, we are summoned to court by the Queen. We are to be in her service and you are both expected to be the epitome of all that is loyal. You will also show no signs of the scandal that your father and sister have brought to us. We are to start a new life at court and my aim is to make sure that we rise above that humiliation. If I can, I will find suitable husbands for the both of you and you will accept the life you are given. Now, go to your room and prepare yourself, we leave tomorrow."

                                Frances sat down at the small writing table in the room and wrote a message to the Queen
                                        " To my most wonderful sovereign lady and dearest cousin, Queen Mary, we are very pleased and honored to be invited to your household and service. My daughters are also very honored to have a place in your court. We shall leave on the morrow and will be in your presence shortly. Your most humble and loyal servant, Lady Frances Brandon, Duchess of Suffolk. "

                                Frances thought it very important to end her letter with her title, to remind the Queen of her position and family kinship even if her husband and daughter had been embarrassments in the past months. Frances sent the Queen's messenger back with the message in hand to deliver to the Queen.

                            It's Tax Time! Get tips, forms and advice on AOL Money & Finance.
                          • annasum_us
                            Message 13 of 17 , Apr 12, 2008
                              --- In lady_jane_grey_rpg@yahoogroups.com, pkingsgirl16@... wrote:

> [...]
                              > " To my most wonderful sovereign lady and dearest
                              cousin, Queen
                              > Mary, we are very pleased and honored to be invited to your
                              household and
                              > service. My daughters are also very honored to have a place in
                              your court. We
                              > shall leave on the morrow and will be in your presence shortly.
                              Your most
                              > humble and loyal servant, Lady Frances Brandon, Duchess of
                              Suffolk. "

                              > Frances thought it very important to end her letter with her
                              title, to
                              > remind the Queen of her position and family kinship even if her
                              husband and
                              > daughter had been embarrassments in the past months. Frances sent
                              the Queen's
                              > messenger back with the message in hand to deliver to the Queen.

                              OOC: pkingsgirl, I want to tell you that I think this is an excellent
                              post. Pray forgive me for taking so long in involving the Lady
                              Frances Brandon but I had to set the scene up. Thanks very, very much
                              for your patience and know that you are never forgetten. Now as to
                              the letter reaching Queen Mary, it will in a couple of days and the
                              next time I come on, I will do that post. It took a long time to
                              travel in those days. But you do your scene with Carly when she comes
                              on for she is to play the Lady Catherine Grey and carry on with the
                              travel, okay. Take care and great work.