521Re: Queen Mary's Coronation

  • carly1357
    Sep 27, 2010
      Lady Catherine Grey bustled around the Queen's quarters, first wrapping a brick in a soft cloth and placing it by the fire to warm, to lay at Queen Mary's feet so they would not get cold during the night, then bringing forth a lovely satin and lace trimmed velvet sleeping robe for her...

      "Is this not beautiful, Your Grace?", she asked the Queen happily. "I hope to wear something half as fine as this on my wedding night..."

      --- In lady_jane_grey_rpg@yahoogroups.com, "Catalina" <annasum_us@...> wrote:

      > Yes, thought Queen Mary, young Ned Seymour would be just prefect for the girl. She would discuss this with the Dowager Duchess of Somerset. It was getting quite late and after all the excitment of getting crowned, Queen Mary was very, very tired and she wished to go to bed. At the banquet, she dismissed her ladies in waiting except for the Dowager Duchess of Somerset, the Lady Catherine and the Lady Mary Grey. She said with great dignity, "My Lady Somerset, my lady Catherine and Lady Mary Grey, I would you attend me."
      >
      > The Dowager Duchess of Somerset, the Lady Mary and the Lady Catherine Grey followed Queen Mary out of the hall towards her rooms. All the courtiers were in a bow or a curtsey as she passed. The Dowager Duchess Anne of Somerset thought, yes, Catherine Grey would be just prefect for her Ned. Edward(Ned)Seymour was very, very spoiled by his mother. She was so very, very pleased to be out of the Tower. Hopefully Queen Mary wilt allow Catherine Grey into her household. Catherine Grey was close to the Crown. Damn that brat, Elizabeth, thought the Lady Anne Stanhope. Only she stands in the way of Catherine Grey inheriting the Crown, if Queen Mary does not produce an heir. Of coarse, the Dowager Duchess of Somerset loved Queen Mary for Queen Mary hath been her gossip for many years and released her from the dread Tower, where she hath been since Edward Seymour, Duke of Somerset hath been arrested in 1551. She hoped Queen Mary would get the desired heir but now everyone would wonder whom Queen Mary would wed. That would be the big question. Gardiner would want Edward Courtney, Earl of Devon but he hath been in the Tower for so many years. He was raised in the Tower. His father hath been executed in 1538 for being a Plantagnet.
      >
      > TAG Lady Mary and Lady Catherine Grey
      >
      > --- In lady_jane_grey_rpg@yahoogroups.com, "carly1357" <carly1357@> wrote:
      > >
      > > "I KNOW you will arrange a grand match for me, Your Grace!", Catherine said, her face beaming happily. No maiden had ever looked so ready and eager for the marriage bed... in her romantic dreams, her lord husband would be rich and young and handsome, and he would fall in love with her, and worship her, and get sons on her....
      > >

      > > --- In lady_jane_grey_rpg@yahoogroups.com, "Catalina" <annasum_us@> wrote:

> [...]
    • Show all 15 messages in this topic