515Re: Lord and Lady Dudley's Rooms

  • CandyM
    Jul 6, 2010
      "You know I was raised with the Protestant faith, my dear husband. And I believe it with all my heart, but I know we must convince Queen Mary that we art Cathloic so that we will not be a threat to her. But Guildford, would it be better to die for what I believe in? Or to change everything to live?"

      --- In lady_jane_grey_rpg@yahoogroups.com, "Catalina" <annasum_us@...> wrote:

      > Lord Guildford Dudley looked towards heaven as his Jane explained Plato to him. He did not want to die. He wanted to live. He wanted to have power and glory and riches. It was so difficult breaking away from the beliefs of his lady mother, the Lady Jane Guildford Dudley. He only wanted to get his land, have a fine castle on it, with lots of tenants and power and a home for his Jane, where he and she could hath children and raise them and be happy and comfortable but he felt for sure that it was never to be, not ever, for they aspired to the Crown of England. Norfolk still hath some power with the Queen. Yes, he may be very, very old but if he, Lord Guildford Dudley could get to the Duke of Norfolk, perhaps he could hath Jane's sister, the Lady Catherine Grey come to him for he knew that she would like to see one of her sisters. It hath been nice to see the Lady Mary Grey, even though she was not his favourite of Jane's sisters. It was Catherine Grey whom he liked. She was vivacious. They should hath wed him to Catherine but he was glad that they did not for he hath fallen in love with his Jane, even though she was so, so different from him. "That sounds interesting, Jane but I do not want to die. You know that you doth be more religious than I. Now I do not understand what you say. Compromising what, dearest wife?"
      >
      > TAG Lady Jane Dudley
      >
      > --- In lady_jane_grey_rpg@yahoogroups.com, "CandyM" <candy_rashelle_mason@> wrote:
      > >
      > > "The soul takes flight to the world that is eternal... invisible. But there arriving she is sure of bliss, and forever dwells in paradise." She reads the statement again and then pauses. "It means that sometimes we have to die for what we believe in. And then the soul is rewarded in heaven for scarfising ourseleves." She glances up at Guildford, "Am I compromising what I believe in?"
      > >
      > > --- In lady_jane_grey_rpg@yahoogroups.com, "Catalina" <annasum_us@> wrote:
      > > >
      > > > Lord Guildford Dudley loved it when his Jane was happy and she was happiest with her books. "Yes, he is insightful." he said, although not ever having a taste for the classics or knowlege of that kind, Lord Guildford Dudley was not sure. "Now explain it to me, Jane for I wish to learn and who better to learn from than the finest scholar in England." In some ways this was a command but he knew that if Jane taught it to him, he would understand for she always knew how to explain things.
      > > >
      > > > TAG Lady Jane Dudley

    • Show all 14 messages in this topic