514Re: Queen Mary's Coronation

  • CandyM
    Jul 6, 2010
      "I hope not as well, your grace. But it is an honor to be so tested by God, and if he ever gives me the oppertunity I only wish that I could prove myself as well as you did, your Grace." You couldn't help but tell that Mary was guniene, her scencarity rang out in every word.

      --- In lady_jane_grey_rpg@yahoogroups.com, "Catalina" <annasum_us@...> wrote:

      > OOC: You owe me a response on this post as well, Candy.
      >
      > --- In lady_jane_grey_rpg@yahoogroups.com, "Catalina" <annasum_us@> wrote:
      > >
      > > Yes, thought Queen Mary, her sainted mother, the great Katherine of Aragon would be so, so proud and her father, King Henry would as well for did he not name her heir after Edward if he died childless, thanks to good Katherine Parr, Dowager Queen of England. But Katherine of Aragon hath suffered so, so much for this day to happen and Queen Mary hoped that her sainted mother, Queen Katherine looked down from heaven where she surely was, and beamed with gladness and happiness. "Ah, my dear little Lady Mary, Queen Katherine of England would be most proud indeed. After all she hath to endure and suffer at the hands of the Night Crow and the hated Boleyns, after all I hath to suffer, signing the Acts of Sumpremacy and Succession, being forced to do so, in case this day ever came. Chaphuys told me to do so and so I obeyed, most unwillingly. I was so alone then, Lady Mary. They hath taken everybody from me, Mary Howard, the Lady Anne Stanhope, the Lady Margaret Douglas, the Lady Bryan, the Countess of Salisbury, even your dear mother, the Duchess of Suffolk. I only hath the comfort of God, my dear Lady Mary. I hope you never have to find yourself in such a postion. To choose between what is right and what is expident." For Queen Mary had to become Queen, if at all possible. She had to and that is why she had to acknowlege her father, King Henry Head of the Church of England and that she was a bastard and that the brat Elizabeth was lawful Princess.
      > >
      > > TAG Lady Mary Grey
      > >
      > > --- In lady_jane_grey_rpg@yahoogroups.com, "CandyM" <candy_rashelle_mason@> wrote:
      > > >
      > > > Mary nodded, "And we are glad to see you rise so high. Your Grace is our favorite cousin. Our mother speaks most kindly of you. And our grandmother was great friends with your own mother, Queen Katherine. It is a happy day today. I know, from what I have heard, that she would be very proud of you today. For this is what she had dreamed of for you." Mary smiled at the Queen. She wanted to mention how she wished Jane could be here, because she knew after King Edward, god rest his soul, and perhaps herself, Jane loved no one else in the world as well as Mary I. They may have different opinions when it comes to religion, but Jane still loved her cousin. That is why, mary believe, Jane did not want the crown. And she did not want it, they all knew that, because it belonged to her loved cousin, Mary.

    • Show all 15 messages in this topic