503Re: Queen Mary's Coronation

  • Catalina
    Jan 4, 2010
      "i am excited as well, to be honest, my dear Lady Mary and I am glad that you and your lady mother and your sister, the Lady Catherine Grey are here to share it with me." Of coarse, Queen Mary did not mention the Lady Jane Grey and Lord Guildford Dudley. They were a torn in her side and she needed to dilerate what is to be done with them. And the chit is with child too. Oh, God. Her minsiters wilt say she must be executed for then with a child and especially a son, she will continue to be a threat unto the Throne. Oh, if only she hath a husband to help help her. Many said for her to wed with Edward Coutney and as much as she liked him, she did not know. It was not easy being Queen, having to make one's own decsions and not only one's own but also the country's.

      Tag Lady Mary Grey

      --- In lady_jane_grey_rpg@yahoogroups.com, "CandyM" <candy_rashelle_mason@...> wrote:

      > Little Mary shook her head, "It is nothing, your grace. My back is just hurting me today, but then again when is it not?" She gave a little laugh, "I am just so glad to be here today and see you so happy, a little pain is worth it." Sincerity rang in each of Mary's words and you could not doubt she meant them. They were clearly not the two timing words of a courtier.
      >
      > --- In lady_jane_grey_rpg@yahoogroups.com, "Catalina" <annasum_us@> wrote:
      > >
      > > So this was finally the day. Westminister Abbey was prepared. All the bishops and priests were there. The Archbishop of York would crown her as there was no Archbishop of Canterbury. Reginald Pole would be Archbishop of Canterbury but he hath not yet arrived.
      > >
      > > Queen Mary was ready in all her glory, in her coronation robes. Behind her were, as she walked down and past the Lady Jane and Lord Guildford Dudley's rooms, the Lady Mary Grey, the Duchess of Norfolk, the Duchess of Suffolk, the Dowager Duchess of Richmond and Somerset and Dowager Countess of Notthingham, the Dowager Duchess of Somerset, Mistress Susan. When she came outside, she saw the people gathered to watch her journey to Westminster Abbey. They ascended two litters.
      > >
      > > TAG Lady Mary Grey

    • Show all 15 messages in this topic