Outcomes

  • chelseacclark
    Message 1 of 2 , Nov 18, 2006
      When I was interviewed by Sky Barsch - the Free Press reporter, she
      asked me a good question. "What outcome are you hoping for (by doing
      a national nurse-in)?" I think this is an important question for each
      of us to think about because we need to be clear when we are talking
      to the media.

      I told her it was two-fold for me.

      1. To express our solidarity with Emily Gillette - to make the
      statement that this violation of her right to nurse without covering
      up was NOT ACCEPTABLE.

      2. All the publicity on this issue will increase public awareness and
      lead to the creation of a law AT THE FEDERAL LEVEL.

      I mean, it's sad that we need it, but that's what we're hoping for
      ultimately right? And won't it be important to say so? Have you all
      seen the petition being circulated by Moms Rising? Do you think we
      should mention it?

      I'm new to this, as are many of you. I was just hoping that sharing
      my thoughts & having some discussion here might help those of us who
      are new at this.

      ~Chelsea
    • anniej83
      Message 2 of 2 , Nov 18, 2006
        These are really good points.

        I think stressing that we need FEDERAL level protection is a great
        angle. It's also one we can all consistently speak to without a lot
        of background work, you know.

        I also think that we could use this as a jumping off point for a
        letter writing campaign to our congress-people. But that's a project
        for another day, sigh.

        Ashley

        --- In lactivism@yahoogroups.com, "chelseacclark" <chelseacclark@...>