Re: [lactivism] Disney Channel

  • Cathy Theys
    Message 1 of 2 , Jan 1, 2010
      Can I share this with others (and facebook) without your name? -Cathy Theys

      On Thu, Dec 31, 2009 at 7:50 PM, tash <tash@...> wrote:

      I was watching Disney Channel today and saw a commercial for a new show "Good Luck Charlie". It is about some teen girls, their 10yo brother and their new baby sister, Charlie. I wanted to look into the show so I googled it and read that the older kids would be helping their parents with the new baby and "getting very familiar with baby formula".

      You can watch the promo here and if you read below it you can see where it mentions formula: http://www.disneysociety.com/2009/12/31/disney-channels-good-luck-charlie-promo/

      Here is their contact info if anyone else wants to contact them about this:
      The Disney Channel
      3800 W. Alameda Ave.
      Burbank, CA 91505.
      Phone: (818) 569-7500
      the only online contact I can find is: http://www.g2i.us/sds/65/email/

      I think I will be printing my response and snail mailing it. If anyone has better contact info I would love to have it.

      "I just saw a commercial for your new show "Good Luck Charlie". Curious I went online to find out more about it. There appear to be several sources that say the teens will be "getting very familiar with baby formula". I hope this was a mistake. In any show that reaches so many young viewers formula should not be the standard. You have a responsibility to the young girls watching your programing to show breastfeeding and breast milk as the normal way to feed a baby. It would be very simple to have the kids feed their younger sister milk that their mother pumped from the fridge rather then formula. I will not be letting my children watch "Good Luck Charlie" if it is going to promote formula. Thank you for your time."