Comments to Obama

  • Lindsey Nelson
    Message 1 of 1 , Jan 29, 2009
      I have been hearing a lot about how progressive causes have made some
      strides by posting comments to Obama. He is committed to an open
      dialogue w/ the American people and encourages people to get in touch
      on the website. The more people who comment on an issue, the more
      attention it will get, obviously. In addition to the USBC petition,
      it would be great to get droves of breastfeeding supporters to
      comment!

      Comments can be made at www.whitehouse.gov/contact

      This is what I wrote (it complies w/ the 500 char. limit, if you want
      to copy and paste):

      I am a breastfeeding advocate, voter, and Obama supporter. I want to
      see serious breastfeeding promotion in accordance with Healthy People
      2010 goals become a part of the administration's health care reform.
      Breastfeeding is the biologically appropriate way to feed children.
      Increased, prolonged breastfeeding has been shown to alleviate a vast
      number of health, economic, environmental, and social challenges,
      while formula feeding has been seen to increase these challenges.

      Lindsey Nelson