Re: Digest Number 492

  • Melodie
    Message 1 of 4 , Nov 16, 2008
      Ok- I emailed the news station and asked them to forward a message
      from me and my contact info to the mom. Any other ideas from folks as
      to how to track her down? She already contacted the local news, so I
      am guessing she would be open to our support. And yes, she should
      report it to First Right.

      Melodie
      --- In lactivism@yahoogroups.com, "Lisa" <ecoria1978@...> wrote:

      > As anyone reported this to first right?
      >
      > http://firstright.org/
      >
      > the got awesome results when I had a problem.
      >
      > Lisa
      > Professional Mom
      > http://www.BBCreations.biz/ <http://www.bbcreations.biz/>
      > Attachment Parenting and Natural Living Advocacy Wear, "The B.I.B."
      - Bigger
      > Is Better, Cloth Diapers and Accessories and More...

      E1BGdycElkAzE5MDk0NzIzBGdycHNwSWQDMTcwNTAxNTQ5MwRzZWMDaGRyBHNsawNocGgEc3RpbW
      > UDMTIyNjg0ODk1Mg-->
      >
      > Messages In This Digest (4 Messages)
      >
      > 1a.
      > Re: Wal-mart From: Heather Cohen
      > 1b.
      > Re: Wal-mart From: Elizabeth Parise
      > 1c.
      > Re: Wal-mart From: Andi Silverman
      > 1d.
      > Re: Wal-mart From: Melodie

      zk3MzU5NzE1BGdycElkAzE5MDk0NzIzBGdycHNwSWQDMTcwNTAxNTQ5MwRzZWMDZG1zZwRzbGsDY
      > XRwYwRzdGltZQMxMjI2ODQ4OTUz?xm=1&m=p&tidx=1>
      > View All Topics | Create New Topic

      zU5NzE1BGdycElkAzE5MDk0NzIzBGdycHNwSWQDMTcwNTAxNTQ5MwRzZWMDZG1zZwRzbGsDbnRwY
      > wRzdGltZQMxMjI2ODQ4OTUz>
      >
      > Messages
      >
      > 1a.
      >
      > Re: Wal-mart

      F9TAzk3MzU5NzE1BGdycElkAzE5MDk0NzIzBGdycHNwSWQDMTcwNTAxNTQ5MwRtc2dJZAMxOTQ5B
> [...]
      > inboxes, etc. So it doesn't feel like a friendly place or that we even
      > "own" the group; the moderators do.
      >
      > Heather
      >
      > --- On Fri, 11/14/08, Melodie < melodielouise@...
      > <mailto:melodielouise%40yahoo.com> > wrote:
      >
      > From: Melodie < melodielouise@... <mailto:melodielouise%40yahoo.com> >
      > Subject: [lactivism] Re: Wal-mart
      > To: lactivism@yahoogroups.com <mailto:lactivism%40yahoogroups.com>
      > Date: Friday, November 14, 2008, 10:19 AM
      >
      > Great article, Nicki. I have to say, though, that I was disappointed
      > when I opened my e-mail and found that yours is the only response to
      > this story on this forum. Where is everyone? Why aren't we
      > mobilizing? This doesn't sound nearly as innocent as other stories
      > we've heard lately. For starters, FIVE employees? No way a business
      > can pass that off as the personal belief system of a particular
      > employee! Also, she WASN'T EVEN BREASTFEEDING YET. Are you kidding
      > me? I can be asked to move by sitting down with a baby on my lap? I
      > may type in all caps on occasion, but in real life I would be so
      > flabbergasted if this happened to me... if I'm actually breastfeeding,
      > I find myself gearing up to deal w/ ignorant people. But if I hadn't
      > even begun? That's not discrimination against breast-feeders- - that
      > is discrimination against mamas with babies. She could have been
      > sitting down to get a bottle of formula out of her bag, for goodness
      > sakes.
      >
      > But lastly, I share Nicki's outrage that THEY MOVED HER OLDER CHILD.
      > I hope that this would bring out the all-caps in me if anything would.
      > I hope I would cause a big scene with a little bit of yelling. This
      > is ridiculous. No one should touch a stranger's baby, let alone start
      > to move him or her to another location without being told to do so by
      > the caretaker.
      >
      > So, where is everyone? What is going to be done about this?
      >
      > Melodie/Aletheia
      > --- In lactivism@yahoogrou ps.com, "Nicki Heskin" <egroups@ > wrote:
      > >
      > > Ellen,
      > >
      > > Thanks for the heads up on this. Oddly, I haven't seen it anywhere
      > else yet
      > > in my online breastfeeding groups. But I researched some other
      > stories on
      > > this, and just posted my thoughts on this incident at my breastfeeding
      > > resource site and forum, and am spreading the word to my
      > cyber-peeps. This
      > > REALLY ticks me off... I'd go ballistic if someone walked off with a
      > cart
      > > with my older child!
      > >
      > > My article - http://www.bellaonl ine.com/articles /art14754. asp
      > >
      > > Nicki >:-(
      > >
      > > ************ ********* ********* ********* ********* *******
      > > I'm the Breastfeeding Writer/Editor at BellaOnline!
      > > Check out my articles on breastfeeding at
      > > < http://breastfeedin g.bellaonline. com/>
      > > http://breastfeedin g.bellaonline. com.
      > > Visit and participate in the Breastfeeding Forum at

      F9TAzk3MzU5NzE1BGdycElkAzE5MDk0NzIzBGdycHNwSWQDMTcwNTAxNTQ5MwRtc2dJZAMxOTUwB
      > HNlYwNkbXNnBHNsawN2bXNnBHN0aW1lAzEyMjY4NDg5NTM->
      >

      > Posted by: "Elizabeth Parise" eparise@...
      > <mailto:eparise@...?Subject=%20Re%3A%20Wal-mart> mimiparise
      > <http://profiles.yahoo.com/mimiparise>
      >

      > Sat Nov 15, 2008 12:26 pm (PST)
      >
      > Hi Melodie! This is Elizabeth from DiaperFreeBaby. I just posted this
      > story on the Breastfeeding Activism board on ProMom so hopefully it
      > will get more notice over there. Here is the link:
      >
      > http://www.promom.org/forum/viewforum.php?f=6
      > <http://www.promom.org/forum/viewforum.php?f=6>
      >
      > Has anyone posted on MDC?
      >
      > Elizabeth
      >
      > On Fri, Nov 14, 2008 at 1:19 PM, Melodie < melodielouise@...
      > <mailto:melodielouise%40yahoo.com> > wrote:
      > > Great article, Nicki. I have to say, though, that I was disappointed
      > > when I opened my e-mail and found that yours is the only response to
      > > this story on this forum. Where is everyone? Why aren't we
      > > mobilizing?
      > >
      > > But lastly, I share Nicki's outrage that THEY MOVED HER OLDER CHILD.
      > > I hope that this would bring out the all-caps in me if anything would.
      > > I hope I would cause a big scene with a little bit of yelling. This
      > > is ridiculous. No one should touch a stranger's baby, let alone start
      > > to move him or her to another location without being told to do so by
      > > the caretaker.
      > >
      > > So, where is everyone? What is going to be done about this?
      > >
      > > Melodie/Aletheia
      > >
      > Back to top
      > Reply to sender <mailto:eparise@...?Subject=Re%3A%20Wal-mart> | Reply
      > to group
      <mailto:lactivism@yahoogroups.com?Subject=%20Re%3A%20Wal-mart> |

      zU5NzE1BGdycElkAzE5MDk0NzIzBGdycHNwSWQDMTcwNTAxNTQ5MwRtc2dJZAMxOTUwBHNlYwNkb
      > XNnBHNsawNycGx5BHN0aW1lAzEyMjY4NDg5NTM-?act=reply&messageNum=1950>
      > Messages in this topic

      F9TAzk3MzU5NzE1BGdycElkAzE5MDk0NzIzBGdycHNwSWQDMTcwNTAxNTQ5MwRtc2dJZAMxOTUwB
      > HNlYwNkbXNnBHNsawN2dHBjBHN0aW1lAzEyMjY4NDg5NTMEdHBjSWQDMTk0Ng--> (7)
      > 1c.
      >
      > Re: Wal-mart

      F9TAzk3MzU5NzE1BGdycElkAzE5MDk0NzIzBGdycHNwSWQDMTcwNTAxNTQ5MwRtc2dJZAMxOTUxB
      > HNlYwNkbXNnBHNsawN2bXNnBHN0aW1lAzEyMjY4NDg5NTM->
      >

      > Posted by: "Andi Silverman" mamaknowsbreast@...
      > <mailto:mamaknowsbreast@...?Subject=%20Re%3A%20Wal-mart>
      > mamaknowsbreast <http://profiles.yahoo.com/mamaknowsbreast>
      >

      > Sat Nov 15, 2008 1:23 pm (PST)
      >
      > I also have it on my blog.
      > Andi
      > http://mamaknowsbreast.com/2008/11/post_21.php
      > <http://mamaknowsbreast.com/2008/11/post_21.php>
      >
      > --- On Sat, 11/15/08, Elizabeth Parise < eparise@...
      > <mailto:eparise%40gmail.com> > wrote:
      > From: Elizabeth Parise < eparise@... <mailto:eparise%40gmail.com> >
      > Subject: Re: [lactivism] Re: Wal-mart
      > To: lactivism@yahoogroups.com <mailto:lactivism%40yahoogroups.com>
      > Date: Saturday, November 15, 2008, 3:26 PM
      >
      > Hi Melodie! This is Elizabeth from DiaperFreeBaby. I just posted this
      >
      > story on the Breastfeeding Activism board on ProMom so hopefully it
      >
      > will get more notice over there. Here is the link:
      >
      > http://www.promom. org/forum/ viewforum. php?f=6
      >
      > Has anyone posted on MDC?
      >
      > Elizabeth
      >
      > On Fri, Nov 14, 2008 at 1:19 PM, Melodie <melodielouise@ yahoo.com>
      wrote:

      > > Great article, Nicki. I have to say, though, that I was disappointed
      >
      > > when I opened my e-mail and found that yours is the only response to
      >
      > > this story on this forum. Where is everyone? Why aren't we
      >
      > > mobilizing?
      >

      > > But lastly, I share Nicki's outrage that THEY MOVED HER OLDER CHILD.
      >
      > > I hope that this would bring out the all-caps in me if anything would.
      >
      > > I hope I would cause a big scene with a little bit of yelling. This
      >
      > > is ridiculous. No one should touch a stranger's baby, let alone start
      >
      > > to move him or her to another location without being told to do so by
      >
      > > the caretaker.
      >

      > > So, where is everyone? What is going to be done about this?
      >

      > > Melodie/Aletheia

      > Back to top
      > Reply to sender <mailto:mamaknowsbreast@...?Subject=Re%3A%20Wal-mart>
      > | Reply to group
      > <mailto:lactivism@yahoogroups.com?Subject=%20Re%3A%20Wal-mart> |
      > web post

      zU5NzE1BGdycElkAzE5MDk0NzIzBGdycHNwSWQDMTcwNTAxNTQ5MwRtc2dJZAMxOTUxBHNlYwNkb
      > XNnBHNsawNycGx5BHN0aW1lAzEyMjY4NDg5NTM-?act=reply&messageNum=1951>
      > Messages in this topic

      F9TAzk3MzU5NzE1BGdycElkAzE5MDk0NzIzBGdycHNwSWQDMTcwNTAxNTQ5MwRtc2dJZAMxOTUxB
      > HNlYwNkbXNnBHNsawN2dHBjBHN0aW1lAzEyMjY4NDg5NTMEdHBjSWQDMTk0Ng--> (7)
      > 1d.
      >
      > Re: Wal-mart

      F9TAzk3MzU5NzE1BGdycElkAzE5MDk0NzIzBGdycHNwSWQDMTcwNTAxNTQ5MwRtc2dJZAMxOTUyB
      > HNlYwNkbXNnBHNsawN2bXNnBHN0aW1lAzEyMjY4NDg5NTM->
      >

      > Posted by: "Melodie" melodielouise@...
      > <mailto:melodielouise@...?Subject=%20Re%3A%20Wal-mart> melodielouise
      > <http://profiles.yahoo.com/melodielouise>
      >

      > Sat Nov 15, 2008 11:44 pm (PST)
      >
      > Hi Elizabeth!
      >
      > Thanks for the nudge to get over to MDC. I just did; here is the link:
      > http://www.mothering.com/discussions/showthread.php?t=999679
      > <http://www.mothering.com/discussions/showthread.php?t=999679>
      >
      > I'm new at this, but I can't help feel we need to get something
      > organized here. Am I the only one who feels that way?
      > --- In lactivism@yahoogroups.com
      <mailto:lactivism%40yahoogroups.com> , Andi
      > Silverman <mamaknowsbreast@>
      > wrote:
      > >
      > > I also have it on my blog.
      > > Andi
      > > http://mamaknowsbreast.com/2008/11/post_21.php
      > <http://mamaknowsbreast.com/2008/11/post_21.php>

      zU5NzE1BGdycElkAzE5MDk0NzIzBGdycHNwSWQDMTcwNTAxNTQ5MwRtc2dJZAMxOTUyBHNlYwNkb
      > XNnBHNsawNycGx5BHN0aW1lAzEyMjY4NDg5NTM-?act=reply&messageNum=1952>
      > Messages in this topic

      F9TAzk3MzU5NzE1BGdycElkAzE5MDk0NzIzBGdycHNwSWQDMTcwNTAxNTQ5MwRtc2dJZAMxOTUyB
      > HNlYwNkbXNnBHNsawN2dHBjBHN0aW1lAzEyMjY4NDg5NTMEdHBjSWQDMTk0Ng--> (7)
      > Recent Activity
      > *
      > 1
      > New Members

      k3MzU5NzE1BGdycElkAzE5MDk0NzIzBGdycHNwSWQDMTcwNTAxNTQ5MwRzZWMDdnRsBHNsawN2bW
      > JycwRzdGltZQMxMjI2ODQ4OTUz>
      > Visit Your Group

      E1BGdycElkAzE5MDk0NzIzBGdycHNwSWQDMTcwNTAxNTQ5MwRzZWMDdnRsBHNsawN2Z2hwBHN0aW
      > 1lAzEyMjY4NDg5NTM->
      > New business?
      > Get new customers.

      <http://us.ard.yahoo.com/SIG=13obbsfsk/M=493064.12016308.12445700.8674578/D=

      groups/S=1705015493:NC/Y=YAHOO/EXP=1226856153/L=/B=_lveB0LaX.A-/J=1226848953

      177749/A=3848640/R=0/SIG=131an6mds/*http://searchmarketing.yahoo.com/arp/src
      > hv2.php?o=US2002&%20>
      > List your web site
      > in Yahoo! Search.
      > Sitebuilder
      > Build a web site

      <http://us.ard.yahoo.com/SIG=13or2bcp3/M=493064.12016255.12445662.8674578/D=

      groups/S=1705015493:NC/Y=YAHOO/EXP=1226856153/L=/B=_1veB0LaX.A-/J=1226848953

      177749/A=4025304/R=0/SIG=12uhb64pb/*http://us.rd.yahoo.com/evt=44092/*http:/
      > /smallbusiness.ya%20>
      > quickly & easily
      > with Sitebuilder.
      > Yahoo! Groups
      > w/ John McEnroe

      <http://us.ard.yahoo.com/SIG=13o4ioi4r/M=493064.12016283.12445687.8674578/D=

      groups/S=1705015493:NC/Y=YAHOO/EXP=1226856153/L=/B=AFzeB0LaX.A-/J=1226848953

      > Join the All-Bran
      > Day 10 Club.
      > Need to Reply?
      > Click one of the "Reply" links to respond to a specific message in
      the Daily
      > Digest.

      zU5NzE1BGdycElkAzE5MDk0NzIzBGdycHNwSWQDMTcwNTAxNTQ5MwRzZWMDZnRyBHNsawNudHBjB
      > HN0aW1lAzEyMjY4NDg5NTM->

      E1BGdycElkAzE5MDk0NzIzBGdycHNwSWQDMTcwNTAxNTQ5MwRzZWMDZnRyBHNsawNocARzdGltZQ
      > MxMjI2ODQ4OTUz>
      > Messages

      zk3MzU5NzE1BGdycElkAzE5MDk0NzIzBGdycHNwSWQDMTcwNTAxNTQ5MwRzZWMDZnRyBHNsawNtc
      > 2dzBHN0aW1lAzEyMjY4NDg5NTM-> | Links

      MzU5NzE1BGdycElkAzE5MDk0NzIzBGdycHNwSWQDMTcwNTAxNTQ5MwRzZWMDZnRyBHNsawNsaW5r
      > cwRzdGltZQMxMjI2ODQ4OTUz> | Database

      zk3MzU5NzE1BGdycElkAzE5MDk0NzIzBGdycHNwSWQDMTcwNTAxNTQ5MwRzZWMDZnRyBHNsawNkY
      > gRzdGltZQMxMjI2ODQ4OTUz> | Polls

      MzU5NzE1BGdycElkAzE5MDk0NzIzBGdycHNwSWQDMTcwNTAxNTQ5MwRzZWMDZnRyBHNsawNwb2xs
      > cwRzdGltZQMxMjI2ODQ4OTUz> | Members

      k3MzU5NzE1BGdycElkAzE5MDk0NzIzBGdycHNwSWQDMTcwNTAxNTQ5MwRzZWMDZnRyBHNsawNtYn
      > JzBHN0aW1lAzEyMjY4NDg5NTM-> | Calendar

      zk3MzU5NzE1BGdycElkAzE5MDk0NzIzBGdycHNwSWQDMTcwNTAxNTQ5MwRzZWMDZnRyBHNsawNjY
      > WwEc3RpbWUDMTIyNjg0ODk1Mw-->
      > MARKETPLACE
      > _____
      >
      > From kitchen basics to easy recipes - join the Group from Kraft Foods

      <http://us.ard.yahoo.com/SIG=13r3u9tbn/M=493064.12016295.13271503.10835568/D

      =groups/S=1705015493:MKP1/Y=YAHOO/EXP=1226856153/L=/B=_FveB0LaX.A-/J=1226848

      953177749/A=5530388/R=0/SIG=11nuutlas/*http://explore.yahoo.com/groups/kraft
      > mealsmadesimple/>

      Dk0NzIzBGdycHNwSWQDMTcwNTAxNTQ5MwRzZWMDZnRyBHNsawNnZnAEc3RpbWUDMTIyNjg0ODk1M
      > w-->
      > Yahoo! Groups
      > Change settings via the Web

      zU5NzE1BGdycElkAzE5MDk0NzIzBGdycHNwSWQDMTcwNTAxNTQ5MwRzZWMDZnRyBHNsawNzdG5nc

      <mailto:lactivism-normal@yahoogroups.com?subject=Email%20Delivery:%20Indiviu

      <mailto:lactivism-traditional@yahoogroups.com?subject=Change%20Delivery%20Fo
      > rmat:%20Traditional>
      > Visit Your Group

      E1BGdycElkAzE5MDk0NzIzBGdycHNwSWQDMTcwNTAxNTQ5MwRzZWMDZnRyBHNsawNocGYEc3RpbW
      > UDMTIyNjg0ODk1Mw--> | Yahoo! Groups Terms of Use
      > <http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/> | Unsubscribe

    • Ellen Baumann
      Message 2 of 4 , Nov 16, 2008
        On Sun, Nov 16, 2008 at 11:55 PM, Melodie <melodielouise@...> wrote:
        > Ok- I emailed the news station and asked them to forward a message
        > from me and my contact info to the mom. Any other ideas from folks as
        > to how to track her down?

        Since her full name and location is given in the article, have you
        just tried googling her? See if you can find her on Facebook or
        MySpace?

        Also - for those of y'all who are on digest, please do remember to
        trim your post when you respond!

        Thanks,

        =======
        Ellen M. Baumann
        Birth By Design - birthbydesign AT gmail .com
        The Mommy Blawg - mommyblawg.blogspot.com
      • Nicki Heskin

          Ok- I emailed the news station and asked them to forward a message
          from me and my contact info to the mom. Any other ideas from folks as
          to how to track her down? She already contacted the local news, so I
          am guessing she would be open to our support. And yes, she should
          report it to First Right.

          Melodie
          --- In lactivism@yahoogrou ps.com, "Lisa" <ecoria1978@ ...> wrote:

          > As anyone reported
          this to first right?

          href="http://firstright.org/">http://firstright. org/

          the got awesome results when I had a problem.

          > Lisa

          Professional Mom

          href="http://www.BBCreations.biz/">http://www.BBCreati ons.biz/ <http://www.bbcreati ons.biz/>

          href="mailto:lactivism%40yahoogroups.com">lactivism@yahoogrou ps.com [mailto:lactivism@yahoogrou ps.com]

          Sent: Sunday, November 16, 2008 10:23 AM
          > To:
          href="mailto:lactivism%40yahoogroups.com">lactivism@yahoogrou ps.com

          Subject: [lactivism] Digest Number 492

          Lactivism

          <http://groups. yahoo.com/ group/lactivism; _ylc=X3oDMTJlaWZ 2MGZwBF9TAzk3MzU 5Nz

          E1BGdycElkAzE5MDk0N zIzBGdycHNwSWQDM TcwNTAxNTQ5MwRzZ WMDaGRyBHNsawNoc GgEc3RpbW

          UDMTIyNjg0ODk1Mg- ->

          > Messages In This Digest (4
          Messages)

          From: Andi Silverman
          > 1d.
          > Re: Wal-mart From:
          Melodie

          <http://groups. yahoo.com/ group/lactivism/ messages; _ylc=X3oDMTJnZ3Q 1cmpzBF9TA

          <http://groups. yahoo.com/ group/lactivism/ post;_ylc= X3oDMTJnZDB2Ym9j BF9TAzk3M

          zU5NzE1BGdycElkAzE5 MDk0NzIzBGdycHNw SWQDMTcwNTAxNTQ5 MwRzZWMDZG1zZwRz bGsDbnRwY

          wRzdGltZQMxMjI2ODQ4 OTUz>

          > Messages

          1a.

          <http://groups. yahoo.com/ group/lactivism/ message/1949; _ylc=X3oDMTJydDl sYTkzB

          href="http://profiles.yahoo.com/jellybelly619">http://profiles. yahoo.com/ jellybelly619>

          > Sat Nov 15, 2008 11:19 am (PST)
          >
          > I am just as
          upset about this as you. It doesn't surprise me that it
          > happened in
          Wal-mart. Maybe people haven't written anything because
          > everytime people
          start discussing something on here the moderators tell
          > everyone that the
          list is for organizing, not chatting, don't clog up
          > inboxes, etc. So it
          doesn't feel like a friendly place or that we even
          > "own" the group; the
          moderators do.

          From: Melodie < melodielouise@ ... <mailto:melodieloui se%40yahoo. com> >
          > Subject:
          [lactivism] Re: Wal-mart
          href="mailto:lactivism%40yahoogroups.com">lactivism@yahoogrou ps.com <mailto:lactivism% 40yahoogroups. com>
          > Date: Friday,
          November 14, 2008, 10:19 AM

          > Great article, Nicki. I have to
          say, though, that I was disappointed
          > when I opened my e-mail and found
          that yours is the only response to
          > this story on this forum. Where is
          everyone? Why aren't we
          > mobilizing? This doesn't sound nearly as
          innocent as other stories
          > we've heard lately. For starters, FIVE
          employees? No way a business
          > can pass that off as the personal belief
          system of a particular
          > employee! Also, she WASN'T EVEN BREASTFEEDING
          YET. Are you kidding
          > me? I can be asked to move by sitting down with a
          baby on my lap? I
          > may type in all caps on occasion, but in real life I
          would be so
          > flabbergasted if this happened to me... if I'm actually
          breastfeeding,
          > I find myself gearing up to deal w/ ignorant people. But
          if I hadn't
          > even begun? That's not discrimination against
          breast-feeders- - that
          > is discrimination against mamas with babies. She
          could have been
          > sitting down to get a bottle of formula out of her bag,
          for goodness
          > sakes.
          >
          > But lastly, I share Nicki's outrage
          that THEY MOVED HER OLDER CHILD.
          > I hope that this would bring out the
          all-caps in me if anything would.
          > I hope I would cause a big scene with
          a little bit of yelling. This
          > is ridiculous. No one should touch a
          stranger's baby, let alone start
          > to move him or her to another location
          without being told to do so by
          > the caretaker.
          >
          > So, where
          is everyone? What is going to be done about this?

          Melodie/Aletheia
          > --- In lactivism@yahoogrou ps.com, "Nicki Heskin"
          <egroups@ > wrote:

          > > Ellen,
          > >
          > > Thanks for the heads up on this. Oddly, I haven't seen it anywhere

          else yet
          > > in my online breastfeeding groups. But I researched some
          other
          > stories on
          > > this, and just posted my thoughts on this
          incident at my breastfeeding
          > > resource site and forum, and am
          spreading the word to my
          > cyber-peeps. This
          > > REALLY ticks me
          off... I'd go ballistic if someone walked off with a
          > cart

          with my older child!

          href="http://www.bellaonl">http://www.bellaonl ine.com/articles /art14754. asp

          ************ ********* ********* ********* ********* *******
          href="http://breastfeedin">http://breastfeedin g.bellaonline. com/>

          href="http://www.wistv.">http://www.wistv.
          href="http://www.wistv.">http://www.wistv. com/Global/ story.asp? S=9331930& nav=0RaPH6Oz>
          > > com/Global/story.
          asp?S=9331930& nav=0RaPH6Oz

          > > Woman says she felt
          bullied while breastfeeding at Wal-Mart

          11, 2008 04:10 PM
          > > Updated: Nov 11, 2008 05:55 PM
          > >
          > > COLUMBIA, SC (WIS) - A Midlands mother called us about
          something she
          > > says happened at a Richland County Wal-Mart.
          > >
          > > Heather Silvis says she felt bullied when Wal-Mart associates
          told her
          > > she could not breastfeed her baby in the store on Two
          Notch Road.

          > > "I sat down on the bench and put the baby
          on my lap. I had not even
          > > began to nursing when supervisor and four
          Wal-Mart employees who were
          > > standing in the area began to tell me
          'You can't do that here,'"
          > > Silvis said.

          Instead, Silvis says employees told her to go into a dressing room.

          > > "Then one of them stood up and pushed my shopping cart with
          my
          > > 21-month-old baby in it and my purse around the corner and I was
          told,
          > > 'If you want to breast feed, you're going to have to go in
          there.' So
          > > I followed my child who was in my shopping cart went
          into the dressing
          > > room and nursed my baby," Silvis said.
          > >
          > > Silvis says she wants an apology from Wal-Mart and hopes she
          and other
          > > mothers don't have to face this type of
          discrimination.

          > > State law does allow mothers to
          breastfeed in public.

          > > Wal-Mart representatives say the
          dressing room was offered to Silvis
          > > as a courtesy and employees did
          not mean to offend her.

          > > Reported by Jasmin
          Guerrero

          > > =======
          > > Ellen M. Baumann
          > > Birth By Design - birthbydesign AT gmail .com
          > > The Mommy Blawg
          - mommyblawg.blogspot .com

          href="mailto:lactivism%40yahoogroups.com">lactivism@yahoogrou ps.com?Subject=%20Re% 3A%20Wal- mart> |

          <http://groups. yahoo.com/ group/lactivism/ post;_ylc= X3oDMTJyZ3NjMGVv BF9TAzk3M

          <http://groups. yahoo.com/ group/lactivism/ message/1946; _ylc=X3oDMTM2aDN vNzdpB

          <http://groups. yahoo.com/ group/lactivism/ message/1950; _ylc=X3oDMTJydTJ wY29sB

          href="http://profiles.yahoo.com/mimiparise">http://profiles. yahoo.com/ mimiparise>

          href="http://www.promom.org/forum/viewforum.php?f=6">http://www.promom. org/forum/ viewforum. php?f=6

          <http://www.promom. org/forum/ viewforum. php?f=6>

          > Has anyone posted on MDC?
          >
          > Elizabeth

          On Fri, Nov 14, 2008 at 1:19 PM, Melodie < melodielouise@ ...

          <mailto:melodieloui se%40yahoo. com> > wrote:

          Great article, Nicki. I have to say, though, that I was disappointed
          > > when I opened my e-mail and found that yours is the only response
          > > this story on this forum. Where is everyone? Why aren't
          we
          > > mobilizing?
          > >
          > > But lastly, I share
          Nicki's outrage that THEY MOVED HER OLDER CHILD.
          > > I hope that this
          would bring out the all-caps in me if anything would.
          > > I hope I
          would cause a big scene with a little bit of yelling. This
          > > is
          ridiculous. No one should touch a stranger's baby, let alone start

          to move him or her to another location without being told to do so by
          > > the caretaker.
          > >
          > > So, where is everyone? What is
          going to be done about this?

          <http://groups. yahoo.com/ group/lactivism/ post;_ylc= X3oDMTJyNmtwczBt BF9TAzk3M

          <http://groups. yahoo.com/ group/lactivism/ message/1946; _ylc=X3oDMTM2ZHV vcDh1B

          <http://groups. yahoo.com/ group/lactivism/ message/1951; _ylc=X3oDMTJyY2l lMGx0B

          F9TAzk3MzU5NzE1BGdy cElkAzE5MDk0NzIz BGdycHNwSWQDMTcw NTAxNTQ5MwRtc2dJ ZAMxOTUxB

          HNlYwNkbXNnBHNsawN2 bXNnBHN0aW1lAzEy MjY4NDg5NTM- >

          > Posted by: "Andi Silverman" mamaknowsbreast@ ...

          <mailto:mamaknowsbr east@...? Subject=% 20Re%3A%20Wal- mart>

          mamaknowsbreast <http://profiles. yahoo.com/ mamaknowsbreast>

          > Sat Nov 15, 2008 1:23 pm (PST)
          >
          > I also have it
          on my blog.

          href="http://mamaknowsbreast.com/2008/11/post_21.php">http://mamaknowsbre ast.com/2008/ 11/post_21. php

          Subject: Re: [lactivism] Re: Wal-mart
          > To:
          href="mailto:lactivism%40yahoogroups.com">lactivism@yahoogrou ps.com <mailto:lactivism% 40yahoogroups. com>
          > Date: Saturday,
          November 15, 2008, 3:26 PM

          > Hi Melodie! This is Elizabeth from
          DiaperFreeBaby. I just posted this

          > story on the Breastfeeding
          Activism board on ProMom so hopefully it

          > will get more notice
          over there. Here is the link:

          href="http://www.promom.">http://www.promom. org/forum/ viewforum. php?f=6

          <http://groups. yahoo.com/ group/lactivism/ post;_ylc= X3oDMTJyMWZmbmRp BF9TAzk3M

          <http://groups. yahoo.com/ group/lactivism/ message/1946; _ylc=X3oDMTM2NjZ uY2pyB

          <http://groups. yahoo.com/ group/lactivism/ message/1952; _ylc=X3oDMTJyYTZ tbGFtB

          href="http://profiles.yahoo.com/melodielouise">http://profiles. yahoo.com/ melodielouise>

          href="http://www.mothering.com/discussions/showthread.php?t=999679">http://www.motherin g.com/discussion s/showthread. php?t=999679

          <http://www.motherin g.com/discussion s/showthread. php?t=999679>

          > I'm new at this, but I can't help feel we need to get something

          organized here. Am I the only one who feels that way?
          > --- In
          href="mailto:lactivism%40yahoogroups.com">lactivism@yahoogrou ps.com
          <mailto:lactivism% 40yahoogroups. com> , Andi
          > Silverman <mamaknowsbreast@ >
          > wrote:
          > >
          > > I also have it on my blog.
          > > Andi

          href="http://mamaknowsbreast.com/2008/11/post_21.php">http://mamaknowsbre ast.com/2008/ 11/post_21. php

          <http://mamaknowsbre ast.com/2008/ 11/post_21. php>

          > > --- On Sat, 11/15/08, Elizabeth Parise <eparise@>
          wrote:
          > > From: Elizabeth Parise <eparise@>

          > > To:
          href="mailto:lactivism%40yahoogroups.com">lactivism@yahoogrou ps.com <mailto:lactivism% 40yahoogroups. com>
          > > Date:
          Saturday, November 15, 2008, 3:26 PM

          > > Hi Melodie! This is Elizabeth from
          DiaperFreeBaby. I
          > just posted this
          > >
          > > story on
          the Breastfeeding Activism board on ProMom so hopefully it

          > > will get more notice over there. Here is the link:

          href="http://www.promom.">http://www.promom. org/forum/ viewforum. php?f=6

          > > Has anyone posted on
          MDC?

          <http://groups. yahoo.com/ group/lactivism/ post;_ylc= X3oDMTJycXJwcGdr BF9TAzk3M

          <http://groups. yahoo.com/ group/lactivism/ message/1946; _ylc=X3oDMTM2cnQ yNWxwB

          F9TAzk3MzU5NzE1BGdy cElkAzE5MDk0NzIz BGdycHNwSWQDMTcw NTAxNTQ5MwRtc2dJ ZAMxOTUyB

          HNlYwNkbXNnBHNsawN2 dHBjBHN0aW1lAzEy MjY4NDg5NTMEdHBj SWQDMTk0Ng- -> (7)
          > Recent Activity
          > *
          > 1
          > New
          Members

          <http://groups. yahoo.com/ group/lactivism/ members;_ ylc=X3oDMTJnbHNj aTNhBF9TAz

          <http://groups. yahoo.com/ group/lactivism; _ylc=X3oDMTJmNWh yYmdpBF9TAzk3MzU 5Nz

          E1BGdycElkAzE5MDk0N zIzBGdycHNwSWQDM TcwNTAxNTQ5MwRzZ WMDdnRsBHNsawN2Z 2hwBHN0aW

          1lAzEyMjY4NDg5NTM- >
          > New business?
          > Get new
          customers.

          <http://us.ard. yahoo.com/ SIG=13obbsfsk/ M=493064. 12016308. 12445700. 8674578/D=

          groups/S=1705015493 :NC/Y=YAHOO/ EXP=1226856153/ L=/B=_lveB0LaX. A-/J=1226848953

          177749/A=3848640/ R=0/SIG=131an6md s/*http://searchmarket ing.yahoo. com/arp/src

          hv2.php?o=US2002& %20>
          > List your web site
          > in Yahoo!
          Search.
          > Sitebuilder
          > Build a web site

          <http://us.ard. yahoo.com/ SIG=13or2bcp3/ M=493064. 12016255. 12445662. 8674578/D=

          groups/S=1705015493 :NC/Y=YAHOO/ EXP=1226856153/ L=/B=_1veB0LaX. A-/J=1226848953

          177749/A=4025304/ R=0/SIG=12uhb64p b/*http://us.rd. yahoo.com/ evt=44092/ *http:/

          /smallbusiness. ya%20>
          > quickly & easily
          > with
          Sitebuilder.

          177749/A=5202322/ R=0/SIG=11aijbgh b/*http://new.groups. yahoo.com/ allbrangroup

          <http://groups. yahoo.com/ group/lactivism/ post;_ylc= X3oDMTJmZnZxcmtn BF9TAzk3M

          zU5NzE1BGdycElkAzE5 MDk0NzIzBGdycHNw SWQDMTcwNTAxNTQ5 MwRzZWMDZnRyBHNs awNudHBjB

          HN0aW1lAzEyMjY4NDg5 NTM->
          > Create New Topic | Visit Your Group on
          the Web

          <http://groups. yahoo.com/ group/lactivism; _ylc=X3oDMTJkcGd oaG5yBF9TAzk3MzU 5Nz

          <http://groups. yahoo.com/ group/lactivism/ messages; _ylc=X3oDMTJmbzh vNWVyBF9TA

          <http://groups. yahoo.com/ group/lactivism/ links;_ylc= X3oDMTJnMjlhcXJo BF9TAzk3

          <http://groups. yahoo.com/ group/lactivism/ database; _ylc=X3oDMTJkYW5 ncWl1BF9TA

          <http://groups. yahoo.com/ group/lactivism/ polls;_ylc= X3oDMTJncW44djFj BF9TAzk3

          <http://groups. yahoo.com/ group/lactivism/ members;_ ylc=X3oDMTJmdTZn YWlhBF9TAz

          <http://groups. yahoo.com/ group/lactivism/ calendar; _ylc=X3oDMTJlZ3F xMm0yBF9TA

          <http://groups. yahoo.com/ ;_ylc=X3oDMTJlY2 ZhNjg4BF9TAzk3Mz U5NzE1BGdycElkAz E5M

          Dk0NzIzBGdycHNwSWQD MTcwNTAxNTQ5MwRz ZWMDZnRyBHNsawNn ZnAEc3RpbWUDMTIy Njg0ODk1M

          w-->
          > Yahoo! Groups
          > Change settings via the
          Web