Breastfeeding Symbol Activist Kit

  • chelseacclark
    Message 1 of 5 , Jul 31 7:50 PM
      Hi all,

      I just wanted to let you all know that the international breastfeeding
      symbol activist kit is now live on the Mothering site. If you go to
      the home page and click on the breastfeeding symbol, it will take you
      to several choices one of which is the kit:

      http://www.mothering.com/breastfeedingsymbol/activism.html

      Chelsea
    • Amy
      Message 2 of 5 , Aug 1, 2007
        I'm only seeing just the sticker, is there an actual kit?

        Amy

        --- In lactivism@yahoogroups.com, "chelseacclark" <chelseacclark@...>
        wrote:

        > Hi all,
        >
        > I just wanted to let you all know that the international breastfeeding
        > symbol activist kit is now live on the Mothering site. If you go to
        > the home page and click on the breastfeeding symbol, it will take you
        > to several choices one of which is the kit:
        >
        > http://www.mothering.com/breastfeedingsymbol/activism.html
        >
        > Chelsea

      • chelseacclark
        Message 3 of 5 , Aug 1, 2007
          I'm referring to the page I linked to as "the kit", as there is a
          wealth of information and links to laws, handouts, sample letters,
          etc. on that page. It is intended to be used as a tool by people
          interested in promoting the use of the breastfeeding symbol in their
          communities by encouraging businesses and community leaders who
          support breastfeeding to post the symbol. It's something I've been
          working on with Mothering for months.

          Static window decals will be available for $1 or 12 for $10 as soon as
          we get our PayPal account up and running. I (or Ashley) will post here
          when that happens.

          Chelsea

          --- In lactivism@yahoogroups.com, "Amy" <amyhky@...> wrote:

          > I'm only seeing just the sticker, is there an actual kit?
          >
          > Amy
          >
          > --- In lactivism@yahoogroups.com, "chelseacclark" <chelseacclark@>
          > wrote:
          > >
          > > Hi all,
          > >
          > > I just wanted to let you all know that the international breastfeeding
          > > symbol activist kit is now live on the Mothering site. If you go to
          > > the home page and click on the breastfeeding symbol, it will take you
          > > to several choices one of which is the kit:
          > >
          > > http://www.mothering.com/breastfeedingsymbol/activism.html
          > >
          > > Chelsea

        • Cindy Curtis
          Message 4 of 5 , Aug 16, 2007

            I was unable to locate the kit either, thanks Cindy

            Cindy Curtis RN IBCLC

            http://www.breastfeedingonline.com

            wrote:

            > Hi all,
            >
            > I just wanted to let you all know that the international breastfeeding
            > symbol activist kit is now live on the Mothering site. If you go to
            > the home page and click on the breastfeeding symbol, it will take you
            > to several choices one of which is the kit:
            >
            > http://www.mothering.com/breastfeedingsymbol/activism.html
            >
            > Chelsea

          • chelseacclark
            Message 5 of 5 , Aug 16, 2007
              I guess "kit" is the wrong word to have used, as it seems like it's
              confusing to many people. The link I posted will bring you to a page
              on the Mothering website with all of the information about the symbol
              compiled in one place, including external references and sample
              letters to be used by people wanting to start a local campaign to
              promote the use of the symbol. That page is what I was referring to
              as the "kit".

              http://www.mothering.com/breastfeedingsymbol/activism.html

              I have started a campaign in my town by compiling a list of
              businesses who identify themselves as being "breastfeeding-friendly"
              and then finding out the specific contact person for each business. I
              have written a letter about the symbol (you can find a version of this
              letter at the bottom of the ibs activism page) to be sent to the
              businesses (and legislators, and other community leaders) to give them
              the background info and to encourage them to post the international
              breastfeeding symbol if they feel they are on the page. I have
              already approached a handful of businesses and I plan to organize some
              volunteers to stuff envelopes and possibly go to the businesses in
              person to deliver the letter & sticker and explain what it's about. I
              will ask for donations or sponsorships separately. So far, I have had
              a very positive response in my community, and I would love to
              encourage others to start a local campaign in their communities.

              Ashley and I have 3 1/2" vinyl window cling stickers available for $1
              or 12 for $10. We wanted to offer the stickers at a reasonable price,
              so they are priced to cover the cost of making them. Shipping will be
              a $1 flat rate. Please let me know if you would like to buy some.

              Chelsea

              --- In lactivism@yahoogroups.com, "Cindy Curtis" <CindyCurtis@...> wrote:

              > I was unable to locate the kit either, thanks Cindy
              >

              > Cindy Curtis RN IBCLC
              >
              > http://www.breastfeedingonline.com
              >
              > mailto:cindycurtis@...

              On Behalf