Re: [lactivism] Re: Michigan mother needs your help - CONTACT INFO

  • Brittney Traynor
    Message 1 of 4 , Feb 28, 2007
      I would be willing to call around state checking out different daycare's
      policies on breastfed babies. I'm from Minnesota, and actually help out at a
      private daycare here in my town. The lady I do daycare for has never
      actually had that "problem"... (how sad). Should I just be calling daycare
      "chains" or private ones as well??
      Brittney

      >From: "JAKE MARCUS" <mamajake@...>
      >To: <lactivism@yahoogroups.com>
      >Subject: Re: [lactivism] Re: Michigan mother needs your help - CONTACT
      >INFO
      >Date: Tue, 27 Feb 2007 19:47:56 -0500
      >
      >Thanks :) Believe me, it would come as no surprise. I held a LLL meeting
      >for WOH moms in an on-site day care at a big pharma co. some years ago and
      >they kept the breastmilk in a separate fridge and used universal
      >precautions in handling it. It was a chain and the procedures were
      >chain-wide. I told them how unnecessary and just plain stupid it was but
      >it never occurred to me to see whether they charged the breastfeeding moms
      >more.
      >
      >Hmmm...would a "sting" operation be called for here? Should all of us be
      >calling day care centers in our states pretending to be shopping around?
      >Louisiana's law wasn't just someone's bright idea in the shower one
      >morning. It had to have arisen from some practice that we are just
      >discovering.
      >
      >Thoughts?
      >
      >Jake Marcus

      Refi Now: Rates near 39yr lows! $430,000 Mortgage for $1,399/mo - Calculate
      new payment
      http://www.lowermybills.com/lre/index.jsp?sourceid=lmb-9632-17727&moid=7581