1621Re: Federal Legislation Efforts

  • Alicia
    Jun 22, 2007
      I tried to follow the link provided in this email, which led me to
      HR2122. However, this seems to be the previous version of the bill
      from 2005 and does not list the current sponsors. I was able to find
      the new version, HR2236 which is for 2007 which has the current
      sponsors. It can be found here:

      Sadly, there are fewer co-sponsors on this list (15), but I was happy
      to see that my congressman is on the sponsor list this time, though he
      was not in 2005. So I changed the email I was sending him and made it
      a thank you email instead! I also asked him to speak to his colleages
      about the bill and encourage their support too.

      I hope this helps someone else so they don't end up writing the wrong
      thing to their congressman like I almost did! It will also help to
      have the new bill number for the current year.

    • Show all 7 messages in this topic