1007Ranting over the travel happenings of '06

  • Janice Reynolds
    Jan 1, 2007

      Ranting over the travel happenings of ’06

      Where does political correctness end and stupidity begin?

      COMMENTARY

      By John Frenaye

      Travel columnist

      Dec 27, 2006

      http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/16328872/page/2/

      (part of column – see link for full commentary):

      Breastfeeding on airplanes
      Oh my! Imagine the gall of a woman attempting to nourish her child on an airplane. Such behavior should be dealt with severely and swiftly. And it was.

      Thanks to a horribly wrong call on the part of a Freedom Airlines flight attendant (ironic, huh?) operating on a Delta Air Lines flight (I am not going on a code-share rant—yet), a woman was deplaned for breastfeeding her child on the airplane. Mind you, the “porno show” was covered with a blanket, the mother was in a window seat, the middle seat was empty, and the father was in the aisle seat. But this did not stop the flight attendant from giving mother and child the heave-ho. I’m sure that same flight attendant would have been the first to squawk if the child began to wail when the pressure built up in her ears. But since it seems anyone can now inflict their own ideas of morality on anyone else, this decision flew—without mom and the baby!

      My solution: Send this overzealous flight attendant to sensitivity training, or hand her a pink slip. Agree? Disagree? Speak your piece in the Tripso Forum on this topic.