October 3 Game Cancellation

  • Louis K
    Message 1 of 1 , Oct 1, 2009
      OOC:

      Hello all,

      Hate to be the bearer of unnecessarily bad news but this weeks game--October 3--will be canceled due to a lack of a sufficient space to play.  With Sam, Charley, and Joe moving out of their 3rd floor apartment our usual non-Deaf Ear space has been halved.  This apartment has also been re-rented to new tenants who are slated to move in asap.  We would love to accept Ang and Matt's offer to host; but 20 to 30 people with access to only 3 rooms and a balcony with rain likely and possible non-friendlies above does not promote itself to a conducive LARP atmosphere.

      At this point we are open to ideas.  We need a free site if we are going to keep our game solely donation based. Barring that we will need an inexpensive site to keep game fees to you the players to a minimal.  Regular bi-weekly access and minimal public exposure are key.

      If anyone has any good location prospects for this week we're still open to ideas for that too.  Research them and get us bottom line cost, amount of space we'll have access to, and how long we'll have access to it.  Please don't just throw us phone numbers--take the initiative so we can make a final yea or nay call; the ST crew don't have time to fish out every possible prospect.

      Sorry all, hope to have better news next time

      Louis and the ST Crew