Screening of "Why We Fight" - Friday July 7th, 7:45 PM in Topanga - Benefit for Returning Vets Retreat, LA

  • Frank
    Message 1 of 1 , Jul 5, 2006
      TOPANGA PEACE ALLIANCE PRESENTS

      �Why We Fight�
      A film by Eugene Jarecki

      Grand Jury prize at the 2005 Sundance Film Festival

      Friday July 7th ~ 7:45 PM
      at Yoga Desa
      210 Topanga Canyon Blvd.
      Topanga 90290
      In the Pinetree Center (across from the Post Office)

      Why We Fight launches a nonpartisan inquiry into the workings of the
      military industrial complex and the rise of the American Empire. The
      film features John McCain, William Kristol, Chalmers Johnson, Gore
      Vidal, and many others. This award winning documentary asks the deeper
      questions of why - why does America fight? What are the political,
      economic and ideological forces that drive us to fight? Why are we doing
      what we are doing and what is it doing to others?

      Topanga Peace Alliance: HYPERLINK
      "http://www.TopangaPeaceAlliance.org"www.TopangaPeaceAlliance.org
      is a non partisan peace and justice organization committed to
      non-violent conflict resolution

      Donation $10.00
      (bring wine, cheese, dip, fruit, or crackers)

      All proceeds will benefit the Returning Vets Retreat-LA
      To help veterans cope with Acute Post Traumatic Stress.

      RSVP to Julie: (310) 455-9389 - HYPERLINK
      "http://lists.gp-us.org/mailman/options/atw-news/juliemagic--at--aol.com
      "Juliemagic@...