Fwd: What is the definiton of illegal?

  • Michael Novick
    Message 1 of 1 , Apr 30, 2006
      From: "Jon Garrido" <JG@...>

      On September 4, 2005, I wrote an article: The Two Americas: One White and
      One Black. http://hispanic.cc/two_americas,_one_white,_one_black.htm Most
      Americans were forced to see the disparity between the two Americas.

      The article was brought about by my observations of the havoc Katrina
      caused in New Orleans. I was compelled to write the article after seeing
      the plight of African Americans.

      Unless forced to see with our own eyes, hate and disparity don t exist in
      America; but they do.

      The article is worth taking a second look as I again write the next chapter
      dealing not only with disparity between the two Americas but now I am
      adding a Third America: American Hispanics, both native born and undocumented.

      This past week, in Texas, two Anglo teenagers sodomized a 16 year old
      Hispanic boy for kissing an Anglo girl. Will they be tried and convicted of
      the egregious act? If this had happened in Arizona, the answer is: No.

      It did happen in Arizona.

      The son of Arizona's Senate president confessed that he and another
      counselor shoved broomsticks and flashlights into the rectums of 18 boys in
      at least 40 incidents at a youth camp in June.

      Now Yavapai County prosecutors say they will drop all but one assault
      charge and likely recommend little or no jail time if 18-year-old Clifton
      Bennett agrees to plead guilty.

      Prosecuting attorney James Landis explained the plea agreement in court,
      saying the ''broom sticking'' was a hazing ritual and a punishment, not
      sexual assault.

      But legal experts, sex-crimes prosecutors and victims'-rights lawyers say
      the acts clearly fit the definition of sexual assault.

      The pleas, which describe the assault charge as ''a non-dangerous,
      non-repetitive offense,'' have outraged parents who say their sons were
      victims of violent sexual attacks. The boys, who were 11 to 14 years old at
      the time, have had trouble going to the bathroom, sleep with clothes on,
      are afraid at night, and have undergone sexual-assault counseling.

      Victims are victims: Bennett and Wheeler were arrested in January and
      charged with 18 counts of aggravated assault and 18 counts of kidnapping
      because the victims were held down.

      Experts who specialize in sex crimes say sexual intent is rarely a factor
      in charging sexual assault; and sexual orientation has nothing to do with it.

      Bennett's father, Senate President Ken Bennett, R-Prescott, sat behind his
      son in court. A Prescott native and influential businessman, he has said
      little publicly about the case.

      Lawyers described Bennett as an honor student and active member of the
      Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints, planning to go on a mission in
      September. ''A felony conviction for assault will make his desire to
      complete his mission impossible,'' they wrote.

      Under the plea agreements Bennett and Wheeler could face a maximum two
      years in prison. But the court could reduce the charges to a misdemeanor
      and no jail time.

      At the Arizona State Legislature, Arizona Senate president Bennett is a
      major advocate in promoting legislation making the undocumented - felons.
      The Maricopa County Jail is over flowing with undocumented Hispanics for
      conspiring to enter the USA without proper documentation.

      Are these undocumented illegal? Absolutely, says the Maricopa County
      Attorney sheriff without hesitation.

      White America is fast to call the undocumented illegal.

      White America has another standard for themselves.

      Illegal? White America shuns the word: Illegal is a definition that does
      not exist when applied to them.

      This past week, Firebrand radio talk show host Rush Limbaugh was charged
      Friday with fraudulently concealing information to obtain prescription
      drugs, but prosecutors will drop the charge after 18 months if Limbaugh
      remains in treatment for drug addiction, his lawyer said.

      Limbaugh also agreed to pay the state of Florida $30,000 to help cover the
      cost of the investigation into the conservative radio personality's alleged
      "doctor shopping," a felony in Florida.

      Did Limbaugh do something illegal? According to his attorney, Absolutely
      not, Limbaugh turned himself in and was never arrested. Thus there was
      nothing illegal that occurred.

      I receive hundreds of hate emails each day and we have stopped answering
      the phones because of the hate calls all because those of the same
      mentality and values as Lou Dobbs, the Minutemen, Limbaugh and rest this
      part of White America think illegals (the undocumented immigrants) need to
      be jailed and sent back to Mexico after they serve jail time as felons.

      This coming week, will there be hate emails forthcoming from the Lou Dobbs
      and Rush Limbaugh fans who think of these men as national heroes?

      I can bet the bank, the hate emails and phone will come this week for all
      will be quick to judge this is a communist or Mexican conspiracy. To hate
      bashers, there is no difference.

      Look for the article forth coming in Hispanic News, www.Hispanic.cc

      Regards,

      Jon Garrido

      www.Hispanic.cc

      602.244.1000

      You can blow out a candle, but you can't blow out a fire!

      "In the end, we will remember not the words of our enemies, but the silence
      of our friends."