Best Wishes to ALL staff candidates!

  • CISPES-LA
    Message 1 of 1 , Nov 30, 2004
      ~~~~~~ I am happy to say that an exchange of messages
      with Margaret has cleared up a misunderstanding and I
      want to clarify that ALL in-station candidates are my
      companer@s in the movement and I have enjoyed working
      with all of them. Each, in his/her own way, has made
      enormous contributions to the peace and social justice
      movements and to effective programming on KPFK. They
      are all friends and associates and people I respect
      and admire.... the staff candidates, none of whom I
      can actually vote for as a listener-sponsor, are Maria
      Armoudian, Margaret Prescod, Rodrigo Argueta and
      Fernando Velasquez. I wish them all well in this
      election and thank them and salute them for the very
      significant contributions they have all made. Best
      wishes to all of them! Don White, activist~~~~~~
      --- Margaret Prescod
      <margaretprescod@...> wrote:

      > i am happy to report that i have gotten a very
      > encouraging email from don
      > white and i think this situation will be resolved
      > very soon, i don't want to
      > speak for don but don't be surprised if you get one
      > from him soon! i think
      > it was a misunderstanding due to some incorrect
      > information that don was
      > told. don and i have worked together on many
      > issues over the years and he
      > has been very supportive of the activist work that i
      > do. don as many of you
      > know has been a long time activist and probably over
      > the years you may have
      > seen both of us on platforms together. in any case
      > always good to clear
      > things up. power to the movement internationally,
      > margaret prescod

      =====
      CISPES
      Committee In Solidarity With The People of El Salvador
      8124 West 3rd Street L.A. Ca. 90048
      323-852-0721
      Founded: 1980 - 23 Years of Solidarity

      http://my.yahoo.com