Meeting to Revive & Continue Change-Links Community Calendar ~ Wednesday, May 28th, 7:00 PM ~ At The New Peace Center - 3916 Sepulveda Blvd, Culver City

  • Frank Dorrel
    Message 1 of 2 , May 11, 2014

      Sent From Michael Novick: antiracistaction_la@...

      Meeting to Revive & Continue

      Change-Links Community Calendar

      Wednesday, May 28th - 7:00 PM

      At

      The New Peace Center

      3916 Sepulveda Blvd, Culver City 90230

      The untimely passing of John Johnson, editor-publisher of Change-Links Community Calendar & Newspaper, in addition to being a great personal loss to many of us, has led a number of readers,

      writers and contributors who worked with John in various ways on Change-Links to seek a way to continue his project. We would like to continue to serve the communities of Los Angeles and Southern

      California generally with the kind of non-sectarian clearing house of information, news and calendar listings of special events and movement meetings that John had sustained for so many years.

      With that end in mind, a meeting has been called for Wednesday, May 28th at 7:00 PM at the New Peace Center, 3916 S. Sepulveda Blvd. in Culver City, open to all who are

      interested in helping to realize that goal of sustaining the Change-Links print publication and web-site as a living memorial to John and an on-going service to the community.

      Those involved in trying to sustain Change-Links include Uncle Don, who worked closely with John for years on editing and proofing the paper, Greg Foisie who has done so much to distribute the paper,

      Dean Ruby, Chuck Anderson in Orange County, Frank Dorrel, members of John's family and Michael Novick (editor of Turning the Tide) among others. We hope you will join us in this effort,

      as uncensored progressive, alternative and revolutionary views and news are more essential than ever in these trying times of economic and environmental crisis, war, repression and incarceration.

      We hope to see you on May 28th, but if you can't make it and are still interested in contributing to the effort financially or in other ways, please get in touch by replying to this email.

      Thanks!

      Michael Novick

      antiracistaction_la@...

    • Frank Dorrel