SUSTAIN meeting 6/28 2pm

  • SUSTAIN LA
    Message 1 of 1 , Jun 9, 2003
      Stop U.S. Tax-funded Aid to Israel Now! (SUSTAIN)

      Please join us for an introductory and informational
      meeting of SUSTAIN-Los Angeles.
      Saturday, June 28th @ 2pm
      Compton Community College

      For More Information please call 323-341-6716 or write
      to sustain_la@...
      -----------------------------------
      What is SUSTAIN?

      Stop US Tax-funded Aid to Israel Now! (SUSTAIN) is a
      non-hierarchical, grassroots organization committed to
      supporting and sustaining the Palestinian movement for
      justice, human rights and self-determination.

      The United States government supports Israeli
      violations of Palestinian national and human rights
      militarily, economically, and ideologically. The most
      tangible form of this support is the massive
      tax-funded aid that goes to Israel. We are committed
      to building a campaign against US military and
      economic aid to Israel so that US tax-dollars do not
      support the abuse of human rights.

      WE SUPPORT THE FOLLOWING PRINCIPLES:

      END TO OCCUPATION:
      We call for an immediate end to the Israeli occupation
      of the Palestinian territories.

      EQUALITY UNDER LAW:
      We oppose the denial of political, social, and
      economic rights in law and practice to the Palestinian
      citizens of Israel.

      RIGHT OF RETURN:
      We support the right of return of Palestinian
      refugees.

      COALITION POLITICS:
      We strive to work in solidarity with liberation
      struggles throughout the world, including those on
      behalf of other colonized peoples, for human rights
      and economic justice, and against militarism and all
      forms of oppression-national, environmental, racist,
      sexist, and heterosexist.

      NONVIOLENCE:
      Though it is not our place to dictate forms of
      resistance to oppressed people, we are committed in
      all the actions of SUSTAIN to nonviolence

      For More Information on SUSTAIN see our website www.sustaincampaign.org

      http://calendar.yahoo.com