Fwd: On the degeneration of the Anti-Zimmerman Protests into Inanity

  • John A Imani
    Message 1 of 4 , Jul 15, 2013
      ---------- Forwarded message ----------
      From: John A Imani <johnaimani3@...>
      Date: Mon, Jul 15, 2013 at 9:39 PM
      Subject: Re: On the degeneration of the Anti-Zimmerman Protests into Inanity
      To: "rac-la@..." <rac-la@...>, "
      rac-lasupporters@..." <rac-lasupporters@...>, "
      copwatchla@..." <copwatchla@...>

      Cops don't show up when silly m'f'ers beating up somebody at Arco station
      of Slauson and Crenshaw. Cops show up (in force) when the crowd bullrushes
      WalMart. Tells ya what cops are for.

      And I ain't got no problem w bullrushing WalMart. But I do w stupid shit.
      And with attacking small businesses (who are not our enemy. Wal Mart,
      however, is).

      But all this, again, is on the Left. Go to "Bastards of the
      Party"<http://dotsub.com/view/c81a88ea-7136-429b-9339-c6eadf9dec9a>to
      see a version of this theory in its awful practice:

      "...the decimation of the Panthers led directly to a recrudescence of
      gangs in the early 1970s."
      http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bastards_of_the_Party

      --
      JAI
      RAC-LA

      --
      JAI
      RAC-LA

    • John A Imani
      Message 2 of 4 , Jul 15, 2013
        And even more than that, as regarding the police:

        If anything is to be learned in terms of comparisons between 1992 and
        today, it is this: as long as we doing stupid shit like beating up Reginald
        Denny en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Attack_on_Reginald_Denny or trashing small
        stores they ain't gonna come. They want us to look stupid on TV and we
        oblige them.

        But when we get to f'king with the money (WalMart) then yon they come.

        But FTP, the point is: the mass of (wo)men are tired of living lives of
        'quiet desperation' and given opportunity will strike out. We need to
        learn with our comrades such that all of us will strike *for*. And that
        takes work.

        We must engage with the community

        --
        JAI
        RAC-LA

      • -Jim DeMaegt
        Message 3 of 4 , Jul 16, 2013
          We need to Fight for Elected Civilian Review Boards - that have the power to
          supervise and to hire and Fire ALL the police - including the police chief.
          If the People Control the Police rather than the Politicians controlling the
          police then Police brutality and Police abuse will be greatly decreased.

          Cops don't show up when silly m'f'ers beating up somebody at Arco station of
          Slauson and Crenshaw. Cops show up (in force) when the crowd bullrushes
          WalMart. Tells ya what cops are for.

          And I ain't got no problem w bullrushing WalMart. But I do w stupid shit.
          And with attacking small businesses (who are not our enemy. Wal Mart,
          however, is).

          But all this, again, is on the Left. Go to
          <http://dotsub.com/view/c81a88ea-7136-429b-9339-c6eadf9dec9a> "Bastards of
          the Party" to see a version of this theory in its awful practice:

          Message 4 of 4 , Jul 16, 2013
            I think a most important point is the diff between Joe's corner market and
            Ralph's and consciousness of that difference.

            In '65 this lesson was kinda spontaneously developed as demonstrated by the
            slogan "Soul Brother Owned". A sign saying that placed in a shop's window
            meant a decent chance of not being sacked.
            http://articles.latimes.com/1992-05-04/news/mn-951_1_watts-rebellion
            Course this was 'spontaneously' learned during the transition period from
            the civil rights struggle in the South to black militancy across the US and
            therefore there was an ethos afoot. A revolutionary culture was in the acts
            of forming. A culture that valued something even as it slashed right out
            against almost everything about this system. Today, nothing like that
            exists save in infancy and only here and there. And the greatest lesson of
            the '50's and '60's (and, indeed, any revolutionary period) is how quickly
            people can change.

            Sure there are some small business people who treat the community dirty.
            And "F'ck Them" too. A true story about '92 happened on Van Ness between
            Slauson and 54th St. On the SE corner of Slauson was a liquor store owned
            by Koreans. http://articles.latimes.com/2002/may/01/local/me-patt1 I was
            in a habit then of buying a pack of cigarettes and a can or two of brew.
            Anyway I stopped smoking cause my youngest was getting nosebleeds. I
            stopped, she stopped. So I go to the store and put the beer on the counter
            and the guy behind it--as was the matter of course--put a pack of Barclay's
            down. I said �No, no, no. I stopped smoking.� He said �You stopped?� I
            nodded. He said �Here, I'll give them to you free.� I left the beer on the
            corner and never went back in there. His store was burnt. I could hear the
            booze bottles bursting with heated pressure and enjoyed the song. At
            54thand Van Ness there was (and is) a market then owned by a Korean
            lady.
            Though later, I am given to understand, killed in a robbery, she was a
            person of grace who treated customer's right, gave credit and, I
            understand, gave assistance when needed. That store was left alone with
            neighbors helping to guard it. It suffered no damage at all.

            In the main the neighborhood cleaners, corner markets, etc are not our
            enemy and *should not be attacked.* Such are the livelihoods of independent
            workers (those who own their tools of making a living but do not employ
            wage-labor) and the petty petit-bourgeois (those who employ only a very few
            wage-workers and who must work right alongside of them). These are not
            Capitalists (with a large C) , i.e. those preventing us from working
            because their profit made on our labor is not sufficient for them to employ
            us. That and those are the enemy. That is a class lesson that the Left need
            propagate among the people.

            wrote:

            On the degeneration of the Anti-Zimmerman Protests into Inanity

            If the Left is looking for someone to blame for the degeneration of the
            righteous protest of the Zimmerman verdict into the crass opportunism of
            the mob then look no farther than itself. Ourself.

            It is our failure to connect with the masses, to articulate a vision that
            is both sensible and apprehensible.

            As long as we don't do that, the righteous indignation with the
            inhumanities that this system not only perpetuates but feeds off of will
            continue to degenerate into crass opportunism replete with violence.

            We must find a way to speak to, work with and inspire our class. W/o that
            we lose.

            Sure there are some small business people who treat the community dirty.
            And "F'ck Them" too. I have a true strory about '92 that shows what
            happened around Van Ness between Slauson and 54th St. But in the main the

            --
            JAI
            RAC-LA