Unjust, evil 'Democracy': quotes

  • scotpeden
    Message 1 of 1 , May 22, 2013
      "Strange times are these in which we live when old and young are taught in
      falsehood's school. And the one man who dares to tell the truth is called
      at once a lunatic and fool." - Plato (429-347 BC)

      "We're all human, aren't we? Every human life is worth the same, and worth
      saving." - J.K. Rowling, Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows

      When good does evil in its struggle against evil, it becomes
      indistinguishable from its enemy." T.S. Elliot

      "It is part of the moral tragedy with which we are dealing that words like
      "democracy," "freedom," "rights," "justice," which have so often inspired
      heroism and have led men to give their lives for things which make life
      worthwhile, can also become a trap, the means of destroying the very
      things men desire to uphold." Sir Norman Angell (1874 - 1967), 1956.

      "Justice in the life and conduct of the State is possible only as first it
      resides in the hearts and souls of the citizens" : Plato : Ancient Greek
      philosopher (428/427-348/347 B.C.)

      "Even though human life may be the most precious thing on earth, we always
      behave as if there were something of higher value than human life." -
      Antoine de Saint-Exupéry, Night Flight

      "Mostly it is loss which teaches us about the worth of things." - Arthur
      Schopenhauer, Parerga and Paralipomena

      Three things in human life are important. The first is to be kind. The
      second is to be kind. And the third is to be kind. - Henry James