Criminal quotes

  • scotpeden
    Message 1 of 1 , May 22, 2013
      "criminal, n. A person with predatory instincts who has not sufficient
      capital to form a corporation": Howard Scott

      "They (corporations) cannot commit treason, nor be outlawed, nor
      excommunicated, for they have no souls": Lord Edward Coke

      "As a result of the war, corporations have been enthroned and an era of
      corruption in high places will follow, and the money power of the country
      will endeavor to prolong its reign by working upon the prejudices of the
      people until all wealth is aggregated in a few hands and the Republic is
      destroyed. I feel at this moment more anxiety for the safety of my country
      than ever before, even in the midst of war. God grant that my suspicions
      may prove groundless." :
      U.S. President Abraham Lincoln, Nov. 21, 1864 - (letter to Col. William F.
      Elkins) - Ref: The Lincoln Encyclopedia, Archer H. Shaw (Macmillan, 1950,
      NY)

      "He is the freeman whom the truth makes free, And all are slaves besides":
      William Cowper

      "Necessity is the plea for every infringement of human freedom. It is the
      argument of tyrants; it is the creed of slaves": William Pitt, Earl of
      Chatham

      "In all affairs it's a healthy thing now and then to hang a question mark
      on the things you have long taken for granted." -- Bertrand Russell -
      (1872-1970) Philosopher, educator

      "It would be my greatest sadness to see Zionists (Jews) do to Palestinian
      Arabs much of what Nazis did to Jews." - Albert Einstein

      "How much longer is the world willing to endure this spectacle of wanton
      cruelty?" - Bertrand Russell

      "It is sheer folly to expect justice from the unprincipled": Proverb