Indifference, the worst sin, Quotes

  • scotpeden
    Message 1 of 1 , May 2, 2013
      "We are apt to shut our eyes against a painful truth... For my part, I am
      willing to know the whole truth; to know the worst; and to provide for
      it":
      Patrick Henry

      "Now those who seek absolute power, even though they seek it to do what
      they regard as good, are simply demanding the right to enforce their own
      version of heaven on earth, and let me remind you they are the very ones
      who always create the most hellish tyranny": Barry Goldwater

      "He therefore is the truest friend to the liberty of his country who tries
      most to promote its virtue, and who, so far as his power and influence
      extend, will not suffer a man to be chosen into any office of power and
      trust who is not a wise and virtuous man... The sum of all is, if we would
      most truly enjoy this gift of Heaven, let us become a virtuous people":
      Samuel Adams

      "The worst sin toward our fellow creatures is not to hate them, but to be
      indifferent to them: that's the essence of inhumanity": George Bernard
      Shaw