Fw: Urgent Action: I was fired yesterday, I need your help today.

    Message 1 of 1 , Apr 26, 2013
      PLEASE SIGN THIS PETITION TO WALMART!!! Thanks!
      Hajja Romi/Blue

      Urgent Action: I was fired yesterday, I need your help today.
      Is this email not displaying correctly?
      View it in your browser.

      Dear Romi,

      One month ago my son Alex was born. Yesterday I was fired from my job as a forklift driver at a warehouse where we move 100 percent Walmart merchandise.

      I am outspoken. I defend my coworkers. I alert management to broken and unsafe equipment. I teach my coworkers about their rights, like what minimum wage is and what they should do when they are injured on the job.

      Please sign my petition to Walmart to help me get my job back. We will deliver the petition this Monday so please sign right away.

      I have been a target of management for awhile. They watch everything I do, but it’s not my nature to be silent or scared. I know when I am right. Last year I went on strike to protest the retaliation my coworkers experienced when they spoke to the media and the public about the dirty water (if we had any water at all) that we were given to drink, the brakeless forklifts and the extreme temperatures inside the warehouse.

      I went on strike twice and I marched 50-miles from the warehouses to Downtown Los Angeles on our pilgrimage for safe jobs. I have spoken to the media about the secrets behind the warehousing industry and I even crashed a meeting where one of Walmart’s vice presidents, Rajan Kamalanathan, was speaking about Walmart’s commitment to “ethical sourcing.”

      What a joke.

      Walmart is committed to one thing, looking the other way when workers in its supply chain are abused. Just look at the factory collapse in Bangladesh this week or the fire that killed 112 late last year. Just look at the conditions inside the warehouses in Southern California.

      Join me to tell Walmart to hold its contractors accountable, starting with forcing the warehouse operator – NFI – to give me my job back. Walmart could lead on improving the quality of warehouse jobs. That would transform the lives of thousands of families including mine.

      Thank you for your support,

      Javier Rodriguez
      Warehouse Worker
      Southern California
      Like on Facebook
      Follow on Twitter
      Forward to a Friend
      Relief Fund
       follow on Twitter | like on Facebook | forward to a friend | Donate
      Copyright © 2013 Warehouse Workers United, All rights reserved.
      Final sign on letter list from strike.
      Our mailing address is:

      Wreinstate Mr. Rodriguez, because I don't like spending my money in places that ABUSE WORKERS, and I wonarehouse Workers United
      601 S Milliken Ave, Suite AOntario, CA 91761
      Add us to your address book

      My (optional) comment:  I shop at Walmart all the time, but I don't have to.  I hope that you will reinstate Mr. Rodriguez, because I don't like spending my money in places that ABUSE WORKERS, and I won't!