More good Quotes

  • scotpeden
    Message 1 of 1 , Mar 15, 2013
      These might even be more important, like the one from Churchill, he should
      know, his career in Politics depended on it.

      I note that the affliction of a Nationalist, is also the same affliction
      of a Party Loyalist.

      Actions are held to be good or bad, not on their own merits, but according
      to who does them. There is almost no kind of outrage, torture,
      imprisonment without trial, assassination, and bombing of civilians, which
      does not change its moral color when it is committed by our side. The
      nationalist not only does not disapprove of atrocities committed by his
      own side, he has remarkable capacity for not even hearing about them. -
      George Orwell

      When law and morality contradict each other, the citizen has the cruel
      alternative of either losing his moral sense or losing his respect for the
      law. Frederic Bastiat

      All great truths begin as blasphemies. - George Bernard Shaw

      "Men occasionally stumble on the truth, but most of them pick themselves
      up and hurry off as if nothing had happened." - Winston Churchill
      "The limitation of tyrants is the endurance of those they oppose."
      -Frederick Douglass

      Those who have the privilege to know, have the duty to act." Albert Einstein

      "When the government fears the People, that is Liberty. When the People
      fear the Government, that is tyranny." - Thomas Jefferson

      "Americans cannot escape a certain responsibility for what is done in our
      name around the world. In a democracy, even one as corrupted as ours,
      ultimate authority rests with the people. We empower the government with
      our votes, finance it with our taxes, bolster it with our silent
      acquiescence. If we are passive in the face of America's official actions
      overseas, we in effect endorse them." - Mark Hertzgaard