Quotes from ICH

  • scotpeden
    Message 1 of 24 , Mar 7, 2013
      The propaganda system allows the U.S. Leadership to commit crimes
      without limit and with no suggestion of misbehavior or criminality; in
      fact, major war criminals like Henry Kissinger appear regularly on TV
      to comment on the crimes of the derivative butchers. ": Edward S.
      Herman, political economist and author

      " The purpose of commercial [media] is to induce mass sales. For mass
      sales there must be a mass norm ... By suppressing the individual, the
      unique, the industry ... assures itself a standard product for mass
      consumption.": John Whiting, writer, commenting on the homogenization of
      corporate media program content

      "In the United States, both the Republican and Democratic Parties, with
      only a few prominent exceptions, have been and are in the pay of the
      corporate media and communication giants.": John Nichols and Robert
      McChesney

      " When everyone is thinking the same, no one is thinking.": John Wooden
    • scotpeden
      Message 2 of 24 , Mar 25, 2013
        "I BELIEVE that God wants me to be president."George W. Bush

        "I would like to thank Providence and the Almighty for choosing me of all
        people to be allowed to wage this battle for Germany," Adolf Hitler -
        Berlin March, 1936

        "God is not on the side of any nation, yet we know He is on the side of
        justice. Our finest moments [as a nation] have come when we faithfully
        served the cause of justice for our own citizens, and for the people of
        other lands." - George W. Bush

        If we pursue this way, if we are decent, industrious, and honest, if we so
        loyally and truly fulfill our duty, then it is my conviction that in the
        future as in the past the lord God will always help us: Adolf Hitler, at
        the H! arvest Thanksgiving Festival on the Buckeburg held on 3 Oct. 1937

        "freedom and fear, justice and cruelty have always been at war, and we
        know that God is not neutral between them." George W. Bush

        "Never in these long years have we offered any other prayer but this:
        Lord, grant to our people peace at home, and grant and preserve to them
        peace from the foreign foe!" :Adolf Hitler - Nuremberg Sept. 13, 1936.
      • scotpeden
        Message 3 of 24 , Mar 30, 2013
          "That until the philosophy which holds one race superior and another
          inferior is finally and permanently discredited and abandoned; th! at
          until there is no longer any first-class and second-class citizens of any
          nation; that until the color of a man's skin is of no more significance
          than the color of his eyes; that until the basic human rights are equally
          guaranteed to all, without regard to race -- until that day, the dreams of
          lasting peace and world citizenship and the rule of international morality
          will remain but a fleeting illusion, to be pursued but never attained":
          Speech by - H.I.M. HAILE SELASSIE I - California 28th February 1968

          "In order to rally people, governments need enemies. They want us to be
          afraid, to hate, so we will rally behind them. And if they do not have a
          real enemy, they will invent one in order to mobilize us": - Thich Nhat
          Hanh, Contemporary Vietnamese

          "The biggest lesson I learned from Vietnam is not to trust [our own]
          government statements. I had no idea until then that you could not rely on
          [them]": - James W. Fulbright: US senator who initiated the international
          exchange program for scholars, 1905-1995

          "The victor will never be asked if he told the truth": - Adolf Hitler