The 14th Annual International Women's Day Global Action ~ Saturday, March 9th ~ Gather at 10:30 AM ~ Outside the Downtown Jail ~ March from the Jail to The Last Bookstore ~ Teach-In Starts at 1:30 ~ Invest in Life & Welfare, Not War & Prisons

  • Frank Dorrel
    Message 1 of 2 , Mar 3, 2013
      The 14th Annual International Women's Day Global Action

      Women: Surviving Globally
      Surviving in Southern California

      Invest in Life & Welfare, Not War & Prisons

      <http://img.ymlp332.net/wfhla_image002_308.jpg>

      Saturday, March 9th

      uGather at 10:30 AM

      Near the Family Visiting Lines Outside the Downtown Jail
      441 Bauchet Street, LA 90012

      u March For Survival

      From the Jail to The Last Bookstore

      u Teach-In Starts at 1:30
      at The Last Bookstore
      453 S. Spring Street, LA Corner of 5th Street

      We'll rally & speak-out at the downtown jail (Twin Towers & Men's Central
      Jail) joining family members, mainly women, waiting to see their loved ones.
      We will march to The Last Bookstore for a teach in (caravan for those not
      walking). Join women in SoCal and around the world as we raise our voices
      and plan our campaigns against poverty, war, the criminalization of
      survival, prison/jail expansion, deportation, removal of children from their
      moms due to poverty, lack of resources that tear families apart, and the
      destruction of our beautiful planet! Your voice, your help is needed.
      Spread the word! March 9th Women: Surviving Globally, Surviving in Southern
      California. Please start circulating on your websites and on social media.
      If you want to help plan this action please contact us (see below). All
      welcome! Children's Activities, Music, Food.

      Southern California Planning Group is coordinating the SoCal action and
      includes: Alexandria House, Californians United for a Responsible Budget
      (CURB), Critical Resistance, DCFS Give Us Back Our Children, Every Mother is
      a Working Mother Network, Iraq Veterans Against the War LA Chapter,
      KidVillage@OccupyLA, Martin Luther King Coalition, Military Families Speak
      Out, NO MORE JAILS LA, Veterans for Peace, Women'sCircle@OccupyLA, Women of
      Color/Global Women's Strike and GWS/LA.
      Co-sponsors: California Partnership, Coalition to End Sheriff Violence,
      Youth Justice Coalition

      Global Action called by: The Global Women's Strike including in: Guyana,
      Haiti, India, Peru, UK, US

      KPFK Pacifica Radio 90.7 FM is the Media Sponsor
      <http://img.ymlp332.net/wfhla_image004_86.jpg>

      For info and to help plan, contact 323-276-9833 - la@...
      www.globalwomenstrike.net

    • Frank Dorrel