John Carlos in LA to endorse Ron Gochez for LA City Council, District 9

  • Ron Gochez
    Message 1 of 2 , Feb 20, 2013
      CAMPAIGN UPDATE: I'm proud to announce that John Carlos is coming to
      Los Angeles this coming Saturday to endorse my People's Campaign for LA
      City Council, District 9! Join us at this fundraiser event to support
      our Campaign and to meet a living legend! John Carlos was a medalist at
      the 1968 Olympics in Mexico City (same year as the Tlatelolco massacre)
      and he's world famous for putting up his left fist (along with Tommie
      Smith) to represent Black Power! He's also an activist and an author.
      We will also be joined by our brother Ulis Williams, a Gold medalist in
      the 1964 Tokyo Olympics who is also a member of the Southern CA
      Immigration Coalition!

      Make sure to bring your cameras! We are asking for a $20 donation per
      person but nobody will be turned away due to lack of funds.

      Ron Gochez

      Social Justice Educator
      Community Organizer
      Candidate for LA City Council, District 9

      Union del Barrio

    • Ron Gochez
      Message 2 of 2 , Feb 20, 2013
        I apologize, here is the location, date and time for the event with John Carlos.

        Los Angeles Workers' Center (Red House)
        1251 S. Saint Andrew Place
        LA, CA 90019

        Saturday, February 23rd, 2013. 4:00PM