Theater of Witness with Survivors of Torture

  • Diane Lefer
    Message 1 of 1 , Feb 19 12:32 PM
      Hector Aristizabal's nonprofit organization, ImaginAction, presents "We Are
      Here," Theater of Witness with torture survivors from Cameroon, El
      Salvador, Guatemala, Russia, and Uganda. These courageous men and women
      will tell their own stories in their own words--what they tried to
      accomplish in their own countries, why they had to escape, how they came to
      the US and how, after losing everything, they are working to rebuild their
      lives in Los Angeles.

      I hope you can join us as we celebrate these extraordinary men and women.

      Two nights only -- free admission and no reservations needed.

      Tuesday, Feb. 26th at 7:30 PM, community room at Mercado La Paloma, 3655 S.
      Grand Avenue, 90007. (Just south of Jefferson. There's a parking lot and
      usually lots of street parking. The community room is in the back of the
      Mercado. Walk toward Chichen Itza restaurant and make a left.

      Wednesday, Feb. 27th at 7:30, Club Fais Do-Do, 5257 W. Adams, 90016
      (between Fairfax and La Brea, near Redondo).

      This program is supported with a grant from the Los Angeles Department of
      Cultural Affairs and with the cooperation of the Program for Torture
      Victims, providing healing and hope since 1980.