Fw: UPDATE: The Tea Party is crazy...

    Message 1 of 1 , Feb 13, 2013
      ________________________________

      Romi,
      Since last night, 50,000 people became citizen signers of Congressmen Alan Grayson and Mark Takano's letter against cuts to Social Security, Medicare, and Medicaid benefits. It's making national news today.
      Alan Grayson is asking for our help to keep the momentum going -- can you add your name in support? Click here.
      Thanks! -- Adam
      ________________________________

      LAST NIGHT'S EMAIL:
      Romi,
      Tonight, when the president said the rich must pay their fair share, Democrats gave a standing ovation. Republicans were silent.
      Republicans are demanding cuts to Social Security benefits. Tomorrow, Alan Grayson will give them an easy answer: No.
      In the morning, Grayson will ask his congressional colleagues to join him on a letter saying, "we will vote against any and every cut to Medicare, Medicaid, or Social Security benefits."
      He's asking our help to generate momentum. Can you be a citizen supporter of Grayson's letter right now? Click here.
      Just yesterday, the White House press secretary called cutting Social Security benefits "a technical change" that "is possible as part of a big deal." (Unfortunately, in a speech that was fantastic on many issues like jobs and guns, the president left the door open to these benefit cuts.)
      But the Tea Party is so crazy that Speaker John Boehner needs Democratic votes to pass any deal. That means Grayson's letter is crucial.
      If enough congressional Democrats sign Grayson's letter, Social Security benefits will be firmly off the table.
      We'll inform congressional offices about the number of citizen signers on Grayson's letter. Please add your name to the momentum here!
      We're proud to be working with Democracy for America, MoveOn, CREDO Action, Rebuild The Dream, Working Families Party, and Social Security Works on this campaign.
      Thanks for being a bold progressive.
      -- Adam Green, Stephanie Taylor, Michael Snook, Karissa Gerhke, and the PCCC team
      P.S. If you hear the wonky words "Chained CPI," that means cutting cost-of-living adjustments that grandparents and veterans need. The average Social Security beneficiary retiring at 65 would lose $28,004 of income over the next 30 years -- the equivalent of two full years of benefits. Help Grayson fight back.

      Want to support our work? We're entirely funded by our members—no corporate contributions, no big checks from CEOs. And our tiny staff ensures that small contributions go a long way. Chip in $3 here.
      Paid for by the Progressive Change Campaign Committee PAC (www.BoldProgressives.org) and not authorized by any candidate or candidate's committee. Contributions to the PCCC are not deductible as charitable contributions for federal income tax purposes.