Women's Justice Center Seeking Student Volunteer to Carry Out Research Project

  • xmariex2000
    Message 1 of 1 , Feb 2, 2013
      Hi All,

      Women's Justice Center is hoping to find a student volunteer to carry out a short term project on the correlation of police misconduct and officer gender. Total estimated time for the project work is around 60-80 hours. This could be a good project for a senior thesis or master's level paper in criminal justice, political science, sociology, women's studies, psychology, or for an independent study course.

      Using raw data from the National Police Misconduct Reporting Project (www.policemisconduct.net ), we have already gotten preliminary and significant results from analysing two months worth of data. (See results below.) We now want to extend the project to cover six months of data.

      Interested students should:
      * Be motivated and available for this semester,
      * Be familiar with use of Excel data base,
      * Be familiar with basic statistics,
      * Have a professor who will approve the project as part of your course work.

      If you're interested, email Marie at: mariecdesantis@... . Please include your phone number and the best times to get a hold of you.

      Click link to see results of our initial two month study: http://justicewomen.com/news/national-police-misconduct-gender-male-domination-not-cost-effective

      Women's Justice Center
      www.justicewomen.com