Free Samer Issawi: Statement and Call to Action

  • Zahi Damuni
    Message 1 of 1 , Jan 19, 2013
      Statement and Call to Action
      Al-Awda, The Palestine Right To Return Coalition and
      The Free Samer Issawi Campaign

      For Immediate Release

      FREE SAMER ISSAWI

      Al-Awda, The Palestine Right To Return Coalition and the Free Samer Issawi
      Campaign calls on all people of conscience across the globe to stand with
      Palestinian political prisoner and hunger striker Samer Issawi in his fight
      for freedom and justice. He has been on hunger strike for over 178 days now
      protesting the injustice of his detention and that of all the other
      Palestinian political prisoners!

      Like other Palestinian political prisoners Samer Issawi's indefinite
      detention without charges or trial is inhumane and an Israeli facade to
      continue to persecute the Palestinian people and those who dare to stand
      against Israel's brutal occupation of Palestine and its crimes against the
      Palestinian people!

      The world cannot and must not continue to let the Zionist state get away
      with these barbaric injustices against Palestinian political prisoners and
      the Palestinian people at large. We demand the release of Samer Issawi from
      prison immediately. He is currently dying before us and before the eyes of
      the world!

      CALL TO ACTION

      We call on all justice seeking people around the world to stand with Samer
      Issawi. His life is literally on the line while the mass media is neglecting
      his freedom call. We are calling on people all over to plan to drop banners
      at all public locations this Monday January 21, 2013, which happens to be
      Dr. Martin Luther King Day, and on subsequent days until his release! We
      call on protests to be organized everywhere. We need to save Samer's life
      and bring his human struggle to the mainstream above the media blackout!

      "My detention is unjust and illegal, just like the Palestinian occupation.
      My demands are legitimate and just thus I will not withdraw from the battle
      for freedom, waiting for either victory and freedom-or martyrdom."

      Samer always sends his gratitude for those supporting him around the world!

      Al-Awda, The Palestine Right to Return Coalition
      PO Box 131352
      Carlsbad, CA 92013, USA
      Tel: 760-918-9441
      Fax: 760-918-9442
      E-mail: info@...
      WWW: http://al-awda.org
      Twitter: @alawdaprrc
      Facebook Page: https://www.facebook.com/#!/AlAwdaPRRC
      Facebook Cause:
      http://www.causes.com/causes/1752-palestinian-refugees-right-to-return-al-awda

      The Free Samer Issawi Campaign on Facebook:
      https://www.facebook.com/pages/The-Free-Samer-Issawi-Campaign/194111744067340