John Johnson: Update & July 4th Birthday Party Announcement for John at The Talking Stick Coffee Lounge in Venice

  • Frank Dorrel
    Message 1 of 1 , Jan 10, 2013
      From Ross Altman: Greygoosemusic@...

      PLEASE SAVE THE DATE:

      John Johnson Birthday Party

      And Benefit for Change-Links

      At The Talking Stick Coffee Lounge in Venice

      When: Thursday, July 4th, 2013, 7:00 PM – 10:00 PM

      Dear Friends of John,

      I saw John this afternoon and brought over your latest emails and good wishes. He was dozing when I got there and I did not want to wake him up; however the physical therapist came into his room while I was still there and had no such compunctions. "Up and at 'em!" to our cardiac patient; she got him up and walking, for the second time today. The first time he walked over 120 steps, she told me; "more than I have done today," I replied.

      John's vital signs were stable when I visited--his blood pressure was a little lower than they like earlier in the day but was corrected. Valley Presbyterian Hospital is located on Van Owen one block east of Sepulveda in the Valley. He is in room 111 in ICU. I am happy to bring over any more emails I receive tomorrow.

      John works on a shoestring to keep Change-Links going; what better time than his birthday to express our appreciation for a job well done for many years. I have secured a venue for John's benefit birthday party on July 4 at the Talking Stick Coffee Lounge, 1411 Lincoln Blvd., Venice, CA from 7:00 to 10:00 PM.

      Save the Date! The Spirit of '76 will be celebrated as the symbol of resistance in Los Angeles: Change-Links.

      All Best,

      Ross